Roth IRA investment options

AeroEngBebe

Confused about dryer sheets
I am considering a few different investment options for my Roth IRA account (which is currently with TD Ameritrade and holding a financial stock without dividends or options) and was wondering what have you done that has worked out well. I'm considering the following options:

1. Invest into a stable dividend stock (and utilized options to gain extra %) via a brokerage account? (What stock would that be?)

2. Set up a self directed Roth IRA account and invest in Real Estate or Notes or Tax Lien Certificates? (Haven't tried this, wouldn't know where to start as there are a lot of custodians to consider...)

3. Set up a Roth IRA p2p lending account? (I've tested this with a small amount of $ in a regular account with Prosper and had 11% return last year...but hard to say it works based on just one year.)

4. Something else?

I would appreciate any feedback if you have experience in any of the above options that has worked out really well for you or not so great.

I'd suggest a dividend ETF/CEF vs dividend stock. Diversification works.

Heck no to #2 especially if you have no idea what you are doing.

Not a bad idea on #3. You can potentially pack an IRA with lots of money if you can afford to by "lending" to a friendly party.

I like selling covered calls on a liquid ETF or cash secured puts.

[FONT=&quot]We’ve essentially done #2.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The rental real estate is doing fine. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On a little more than half the tax liens, we’ve been paid with the accrued 16% interest. On one of the lots where we got the property, vs paid, we’ve found we cannot sell for even what we’ve got into it in back tax and costs. I accept we rolled the dice, and lost on that one.[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom