Roth tsp

SRyan

Dryer sheet aficionado
Has anyone started using the ROTH option in their TSP? I'd like to switch my allocation but cannot find the option on the TSP website. Anyone know where it is? (I tried DFAS MyPay as well).

New here (will get around to introducing myself soon), but thought I had to post since it took me awhile to find the answer too. You probably fall into the the majority of the people who cannot contribute yet... (if this is not you, then I can't help)

...the government’s largest payroll provider, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service, will not be ready to process Roth-type withholdings for federal employees until July. For military personnel, the option will be phased in over June to October.

(From Roth TSP investing now available, for some - The Federal Eye - The Washington Post)

Kinda disappointing, but hopefully all the kinks will be worked out by then....

Last edited by a moderator:
New here (will get around to introducing myself soon), but thought I had to post since it took me awhile to find the answer too. You probably fall into the the majority of the people who cannot contribute yet... (if this is not you, then I can't help)

(From Roth TSP investing now available, for some - The Federal Eye - The Washington Post)

Kinda disappointing, but hopefully all the kinks will be worked out by then....

That's me, thanks for the info.

Marines in a month or two, and perhaps the rest of the services this fall.

If there are any kinks to be found, I'd rather have the Marines "helping" DFAS find the solutions. Great candidates for "office motivator"!

Here's more links in this post:
Roth TSP: 7 May, but later for military | Military Retirement & Financial Independence

Nice...

Back
Top Bottom