RU Lazy?

Do you think of yourself as, in general, lazy?

• Yes

Votes: 87 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 32 26.9%

• Total voters
Isn't lazy just another way of saying "efficient?" :)

I guess I'm a lot of things associated with "lazy' like laid back, slow, (like in moving), relaxed, contented, satisfied and retired. However, I don't consider myself as lazy because when I have something I want, or need to do, I get it done!

An old constuction guy told me years ago that "if you want to find the easiest way to do something ask the laziest man on the job"....that has yet to fail me....so I favor efficient!

yes, i think i am or at least that's what my wife says. good thing i am deaf on the left ear and usually can't hear what she says.

enuff

Maybe I just don't like the word...I am very motivated - often to find the easiest way to do things...and I do not think that makes me lazy :) But I can read a book half a good day while lying in bed! LOL

I am a Lazy Wannabe.

Deep down I want to be lazy but my To Do list keeps me on the go and hopping from project to project all the time. After ER I have being lazy as my #1 To Do item.

I think of lazy as not getting done what needs to be done and not giving a sh!t about it. Procrastination is related; you don't get done what needs to be done, but it is because you are agonizing over it. Procrastination is a common lawyer malady.

I bet very few people here are really lazy or are procrastinators. As wab says: efficient. Also I see people here as goal oriented. As planners. As people who value leisure, but get the job done first.

My results = 42

Your score on this test was in the mid-range. This means that, while your procrastination is holding you back, you probably eventually are able to reach many of your goals. You should still work on reducing your procrastination, however, as you are probably holding yourself back at least slightly. With a little effort, you can bring your procrastination more under control.

My results 26
I am not lazy nor do I procrastonate. my problem is that my list of things to do/want to do would require 48 hour days to get them done. The lists are personal goals and enjoyments (not j*b), but there is never enough time.

Boy I'd like to answer the question, but that's a whole bunch of typing and I don't feel like doing it :D

Mudd

score = 35, a lot lower than I would have guessed.

Sandy said:
My results 26
I am not lazy nor do I procrastonate. my problem is that my list of things to do/want to do would require 48 hour days to get them done. The lists are personal goals and enjoyments (not j*b), but there is never enough time.
We have the same score, and same reasoning; you must be my evil twin ;-)
or am I the evil twin? If you're a IxTJ from previous discussion, then there
may be something to this pysch tests.
tj

teejayevans said:
We have the same score, and same reasoning; you must be my evil twin ;-)
or am I the evil twin? If you're a IxTJ from previous discussion, then there
may be something to this pysch tests.
tj

Yep, INTJ. Always wanted to have a twin (my kids are twins, so I get it vicariously)

Yes, well designed (valid) psych tests, even those that seem totally off the wall, like Rorschachs, have something useful to say. (maybe not the whole picture, but something of how you are functioning that day) Often you can get the same information with a thorough assessment interview, but these tools, which are more standardized than interviews, lend credibility to the process. Before anyone jumps: like the market, past performance is not predictive of future behavior - that is, no test can predict what we will do in the future, they only reflect today's frame of mind.

Your score on this test was elevated. According to these results, your procrastination has reached a point where it may be negatively affecting your life. You would be well served to learn some strategies to stop or at least reduce the level of procrastination in your life. Procrastination in the long-term is unhealthy as it can lead to more stress and keep you from reaching your goals. The positive repercussions on your health and relationships should you decide to improve will be enormous.

Answered the first two questions.... then quit. Too lazy to finish, or just didn't care, or I figure I could do it later.

A mere 23....I feel like I failed! Still not sure whether this is good or bad...I choose the projects to procrastinate on...very efficient in areas of interest...

23 also, but a few of the questions required forced answers which were not accurate of my style so I think the results would have been even lower.

I took this test as soon as I saw the link. I guess I need to learn to slow down as a near my ER.

I got a 32. I think I would have gotten about a 60 in school. My inclination is to procrastinate but I overcame it at work. Also, I vacillated on a lot of answers and may be guilty of the self presentation testing error - I didn't want to admit I'm a slouch on some items :)

Score of 44. What score do they give folks that don't finish the test??

I don't consider myself lazy. I am occasionally motivationally challeged! ;)

happy2bretired said:

I was going to take the test earlier, but decided to watch some TV and do some other sh*t first. Anyway, after spending about an hour or so taking the test (I had to look up a couple of things on the internet, that I was supposed to do last week), I scored a......oops, be right back....

Anyway I scored a 42. Wait a minute...it's been so long since I started the test....what was that test for....I forget!? :D

Back
Top Bottom