Rude awakening at the early buffet

I completely agree!

The sign is obnoxious. Hopefully it was only a tasteless (or poorly thought out) joke. If the statement on the sign actually conveys the feelings of management, then they wouldn't get my business.
Since the sign was lifted off the internet we don’t even know the veracity. Photoshop, whatever, you never know. Could very well be fake news.

Very little kids fly for free.
Young kids get into movies for free.
Students get student discounts.
Military personnel get discounts (which they totally deserve; god bless them)

I just saw a sign today announcing that students get 5% off everything every day between Sept. 1 and May 30 at a particular vendor in this college town. I don't begrudge them that perk. God knows I used to be a poor student.

Businesses offer discounts for reasons of their bottom line (or to build goodwill with a certain group).

I don't see why I shouldn't take advantage of "senior" discounts when they are offered. It's not like seniors are the only group getting occasional discounts. :confused:

There are also the discounts that no one complained about in my younger years, but might be deemed "sexist" and "discriminatory" in this age. For example:
- Women getting free/discounted drinks at Happy Hours.
- Women getting free/discounted admission to parties. As a DJ in college and a for a few years after that, I was guilty of advertising this quite often. :)

Older people never retaliate. I mean, what are we gonna do...run the car up on the sidewalk, mutilate a bunch of people, and claim "Oh, I thought I was hitting the brake but I guess it was the gas pedal..." >:D
That actually happens a lot on Florida . Two years ago a woman did it in a church parking lot and killed several people .

Looks like an opportunity for a retired lawyer to spring into action...

About 40 yeas ago I was living in South Jersey and became a Phillies fan. The team and partnered with the Tasty Kake company to give out free halter-tops on a lady's day effort. The bosom-holders had the company's slogan across the front-"All the good things wrapped in one."

Local controversy by folks in the community required them to cancel the give-away.

I wonder if they had to ship all of those things to a third world country as a charitable write-off?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom