Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
S&P 500 2800 By Years End
Old 09-26-2017, 10:26 AM   #1
gone traveling
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,838
S&P 500 2800 By Years End

BMO spokesman Brian Belski (president/chief?) says S&P 500 to go to 2800 by years end.
Now I have no personal connection to this guy. Im convinced he read my post yesterday about the 67 % crash thats coming, and wanted to calm me down.
I can not find his predicting accuracy but I like what he has to say. In the fine print of the broadcast they mentioned it was 2600-2800. but they were touting the 2800 as the upper limit.

He said any pullback should be bought up aggressively.

Maybe I should start the BCG investment adviser firm. Most of these shows tape in NYC, if they send me a limo I would be good for ratings. I could even cook while Im giving out my predictions. If they try to stump me with some technical question I'll ignore them and say, "OK now for those of our watchers in TV land, this is when you add the Marsala wine, be careful it might flame up!, Whoa look how beautiful that looks."

PS, if i remember Ill see on 12/31 of this year if we are at 2600-2800.

If we are, I'll invite him on my show during the episode of when I make Tiramisu.
__________________

__________________
Blue Collar Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,507
Normally, I don't read financial porn found on the web, but you tricked me.
__________________

__________________
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:41 AM   #3
gone traveling
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL! View Post
Normally, I don't read financial porn found on the web, but you tricked me.
Im taking reservations , You can be my special guest spokesman during the "BUY,BUy, Buy, episode." We will film it on a Friday. Ill show the audience how to make Filet of Sole Oreganata.
__________________
Blue Collar Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:00 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Collar Guy View Post
BMO spokesman Brian Belski (president/chief?) says S&P 500 to go to 2800 by years end.
Now I have no personal connection to this guy. Im convinced he read my post yesterday about the 67 % crash thats coming, and wanted to calm me down.
I can not find his predicting accuracy but I like what he has to say. In the fine print of the broadcast they mentioned it was 2600-2800. but they were touting the 2800 as the upper limit.

He said any pullback should be bought up aggressively.

Maybe I should start the BCG investment adviser firm. Most of these shows tape in NYC, if they send me a limo I would be good for ratings. I could even cook while Im giving out my predictions. If they try to stump me with some technical question I'll ignore them and say, "OK now for those of our watchers in TV land, this is when you add the Marsala wine, be careful it might flame up!, Whoa look how beautiful that looks."

PS, if i remember Ill see on 12/31 of this year if we are at 2600-2800.

If we are, I'll invite him on my show during the episode of when I make Tiramisu.
Is this only binary? Perhaps in October the S&P takes 5% "crash" (aka "pullback") you had posted about yesterday. And then in December rallies back to 2800 by year-end. Both are then right.

A correction has been predicted shortly after the last correction. One time or another they'll be right. I'm not as concerned as when or how much, but for how long. I have enough stashed away to ride out 5 years without much thought.
__________________
bobandsherry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:33 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DrRoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,627
Such predictions are less than worthless. As a contrarian, I much prefer people predicting crashes or corrections and the like.
__________________
"The mountains are calling, and I must go." John Muir
DrRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:40 PM   #6
gone traveling
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
Is this only binary? Perhaps in October the S&P takes 5% "crash" (aka "pullback") you had posted about yesterday. And then in December rallies back to 2800 by year-end. Both are then right.
Wow, If this turns out to be the case, I will send the limo to you, I will say you predicted this back on Sept 26th. You could start a website, and ill post link to my recipes. BTW I hope it does turn out like that. we all would make a killin
__________________
Blue Collar Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:53 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
aja8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 6,911
BCG, I need a new recipe for Texas Chili! Got one?
__________________
......."Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -- philosopher Mike Tyson.
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:18 PM   #8
gone traveling
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
BCG, I need a new recipe for Texas Chili! Got one?
Is that made with Mozzarella?
__________________
Blue Collar Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:23 PM   #9
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
NW-Bound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,193
I cook, but had to look up Oreganata style. I am ready to try something new.

By the way, if you post any recipe, must have some photos. RobbieB always shows us what his culinary acquisitions look like with a photo. You cannot do any less.
__________________
"Old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man" -- Leon Trotsky
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:40 PM   #10
gone traveling
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
I cook, but had to look up Oreganata style. I am ready to try something new.

By the way, if you post any recipe, must have some photos. RobbieB always shows us what his culinary acquisitions look like with a photo. You cannot do any less.
The bride is in a good mood today, Im going to ask her A) how do I use the camera 2) how do I get the photo from the camera to the laptop.
__________________
Blue Collar Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:40 PM   #11
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Collar Guy View Post
The bride is in a good mood today, Im going to ask her A) how do I use the camera 2) how do I get the photo from the camera to the laptop.


I usually just use the camera on my phone and send myself an email with the pic attached.
__________________
...with no reasonable expectation for ER, I'm just here auditing the AP class.Retired 8/1/15.
jazz4cash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:45 PM   #12
gone traveling
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4cash View Post
I usually just use the camera on my phone and send myself an email with the pic attached.

My phone has no camera, it does have a flashlight. It does gets texts too. I just dont retrieve them.
__________________
Blue Collar Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:57 PM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Long Island
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Collar Guy View Post
BMO spokesman Brian Belski (president/chief?) says S&P 500 to go to 2800 by years end.
Now I have no personal connection to this guy. Im convinced he read my post yesterday about the 67 % crash thats coming, and wanted to calm me down.
I can not find his predicting accuracy but I like what he has to say. In the fine print of the broadcast they mentioned it was 2600-2800. but they were touting the 2800 as the upper limit.

He said any pullback should be bought up aggressively.

Maybe I should start the BCG investment adviser firm. Most of these shows tape in NYC, if they send me a limo I would be good for ratings. I could even cook while Im giving out my predictions. If they try to stump me with some technical question I'll ignore them and say, "OK now for those of our watchers in TV land, this is when you add the Marsala wine, be careful it might flame up!, Whoa look how beautiful that looks."

PS, if i remember Ill see on 12/31 of this year if we are at 2600-2800.

If we are, I'll invite him on my show during the episode of when I make Tiramisu.
If you get that show, I'll be sure to watch!
__________________

__________________
MarieIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gloom & Doom Pundits vs. the S&P 500 2010-2016 REWahoo FIRE and Money 46 08-19-2016 04:51 PM
Noticed more people holding signs "need work or food" rayinpenn Other topics 3 05-03-2015 02:51 PM
Quicken & S&P 500 Index Fund help needed SumDay FIRE and Money 4 01-09-2015 06:48 AM
Where will S&P 500 be in 10 years? Contrarian FIRE and Money 16 11-20-2010 06:57 AM
Who drives the END of their dead end street? thefed Other topics 17 06-13-2006 02:01 PM

 

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:08 PM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.