Saver:  Build-A-Bear Workshops drops 7.5%

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
Saver, are you back on board yet? Are you or anyone else here following Build-A-Bear Workshop or know any of their employees?

It earned me $2.33/share today, a heckuva way to great the impending expiration of the IPO lockup, and I haven't been able to find any news. In fact it's been suspiciously quiet for the last couple weeks.

Well, Cut-Throat, looks like I'll be greeting the market open at 3:30 AM tomorrow to see if anyone's willing to loan me their shares to double down... I'll do the doubling if BBW will help with the "down" part.

Re: Saver:  Build-A-Bear Workshops drops 7.5%

I found it... a press release reporting rising sales & improving margins.

Someone met their target price?

Geez, Cut-Throat, talk about temperature extremes-- I bet the Bahamas was a lot warmer.

Why don't you like BBW, I don't know a lot about them other than what I read in their prospectus before they went public. I had a buddy that had the hots for BBW bad, but I talked him out of it. I know you're not supposed to short sell on valuation, but I can't help but notice they're only trading at a forward PE of 20 which seems reasonable. Fraud?

Why don't you like BBW, I don't know a lot about them other than what I read in their prospectus before they went public.
It's a Peter Lynch thing. I've watched how my kid reacts to the other crazes that have swept the toy industry and I don't think there are enough kids in America or Asia to keep the profits coming.

I also think that it's rare to see such a big selloff on good profit news and raised expectations. It tells me that a lot of IPO investors were only in it for the pop and not for the fundamentals.

Given their penchant for raising expectations while quietly running out of customers, I'd say the temptation must be overwhelming. It would only accelerate the inevitable. I'm going to enjoy reading their filings!

Minnesota has "spring"?!?

Not really, It's spring here now. Today it's 70 degrees and absolutely gorgeous here in Minnesota.
To each their own, Cut-Throat, but around here we call that "the depths of winter".

I'm glad that people like you & Martha_M are living in places like that so that people like me aren't forced to!

Back
Top Bottom