Schwab in talks to buy TDAmeritrade

Hi,

To do before the two companies are one, last week I transferred $100k of my roth at tdameritrade to Schwab and as a new Schwab customer and with a referral code, they will add $500 of good roth money into my account in 90 days. The money has to stay in the account for awhile, didn't notice how long. Tdameritrade doesn't charge a fee for partial transfer. When they do become one company, probably will be 2 accounts.

Not a new promo, but I wasn't sure if they would honor it from tda since they are buying tda, and they did.

This link has info about the schwab promo and also a promo code that worked for me:

https://www.moneysmylife.com/charles-schwab-promotions/
Thanks for the heads up. Since I'm a TDAmeritrade customer waiting to see how well Schwab works out after the merger, I will try that too!

I guess I never noticed this thread last year. It has been an interesting ride with TD Ameritrade. My some of my stocks were purchased through Datek who was swallowed up by Ameritrade who swallowed up TD Waterhouse and now TD Ameritrade is getting swallowed up by Schwab.

Back
Top Bottom