Scott Burns -- How much diversification?

It seems that Scott Burn's six-fold passive portfolio has performed slightly better than Coffee House portfolio.

Diversification rocks - in some cases more asset classes will drag down the return, but normally at less volatility - the "price" we pay :D.

Diversification sucked back in the heady days of the 'da bull bubble' - Bernstein's portfolio's he posted on Efficient Frontier lagged the U.S. market.

But the worm turned after 2000 - and then guess what looked good - heh, heh, heh.

1. In hindsight - someone will always beat the pants off 'your' portfolio.

2. In my multi asset days(yes I was sinner in the 80's) - I tryed to swag weighted asset SD to get a portfolio SD (never heard of correlation that I can remember). Same with expected growth rates for each asset class. Was kind of a pain in the but and limited as to growth - better on SD.

3. In ER - defense is better than offense. Current portfolio yield being my linebackers - with a little diversification as cornerbacks and pension/SS as safety.

Is there a list of what wach of the portfolios invests in? I searched Google for "Six Ways" portfolio and cane up with not much of interest.

Thanks

SWR

Six ways:

Vanguard Total Market Index
Vanguard Inflation Protected Securities
Vanguard Total Intl Stock Index
American Century Intl Bond Fund
Vanguard REIT Index fund
Vanguard Energy Fund

All in equal proportions.

Olav23 said:
Six ways: