Secrets of Extreme Savers

My biggest waste of money is "entertainment" most of which goes to the local sports bars. Embarassing to say that totals to about $500 per month ...
You sure that isn't a gentlemen's club rather than a sport's bar?:)

'cut the grass, take leftovers to work for lunch everyday'

umm, tasty grass for lunch. I think I prefer the pizza and beer.

I guess I'd qualify as an extreme saver. This year I'll save 69% of my after-tax earnings and next year I'm budgeting for 75%.

My secret formula has been to keep spending flat (or lower) as my earnings increase. Over the past four years my income has increased a lot while my expenses have declined. I refinanced the house and have put off an unnecessary home renovation.

I spend very little on clothes and have driven the same car for 9 years. My weak spot is food and wine. I can't seem to get organized enough to bring my lunch to work.

I'm a cautious guy and figure my earnings may drop (lower bonuses and no more stock vesting) in the future so it's best to save the windfall now and enjoy the compounding later. I'd rather have FI than a flashy car. I can't wait to be in complete control of my time and financal destiny! :whistle:

... cut the grass, take leftovers to work for lunch everyday, ...
If that phrase catches on then it could replace the dryer-sheet meme.

"Confused about eating grass clippings"... well, maybe not.

If that phrase catches on then it could replace the dryer-sheet meme.

"Confused about eating grass clippings"... well, maybe not.

My favorite is still "straining the glass shards out of the peanut butter"

Missed it the first time and Wow I'm impressed. Peanut butter is dangerous stuff. We are one income saving 50% of take home and have not eaten glass chards in years.

Back
Top Bottom