Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-28-2015, 05:45 AM   #61
Recycles dryer sheets

I was just in Dallas for the holidays. Where in Texas are you and how are you asking?
wyecrabber1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2015, 07:25 AM   #62
Full time employment: Posting here.

this post shows a lot of different experiences.......a lot of buyers are bottom feeders....they want to steal a car......many used cars for sale by owner have more owed on the car than it is worth....they want you to "take over payments" So.....if you have a nice car, as was stated on this post, find a friend who you trust and trusts you, sell it at a fair price or take it to CarMax. Save the hassle and time of getting/taking checks.....going to the DMV.....in California, vendors charge $300 to do all the paperwork......Maybe, some have time and enjoy the hassle experience of selling their own car but.......never.....never would I do other than sell a good car to a friend I trust.
jerome len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:30 AM   #63
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Another positive experience with Craigslist. Listed a 2000 BMW 528i with 115,000 miles in 2014 at 6pm. I had my first response within 5 minutes. Agreed to show the car the next morning at 9 AM. Test drive and visit to the buyers car repair guy and had the cash in hand by 4pm the same day. Between the first response and 9am I had numerous emails and several very disappointed prospective buyers. Some were even irate that the car was not available. Guess I should have set it up as a bidding war.
Update
Old 12-02-2015, 07:20 AM   #64

Update

OP here....Based on several comments, I decided to give Carmax a shot at an appraisal. They came in just between the Edmunds and Kelley estimates so I sold it to them. I could have gotten 1k more in a private sale, but Carmax was hassle-free and easy to deal with. I avoided the tire kickers and wheeler dealers plus saving me time. Thanks everyone, for your comments. Now does anyone have any recommendations for a golf car ?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:09 AM   #65
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
......... Now does anyone have any recommendations for a golf car ?
Yea, check with Carmax.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:40 AM   #66

Try Cadillac Owners and Enthusiasts Forum Homepage - Over 130,000 Members
latexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #67
Recycles dryer sheets

I recently sold an older, low mileage Mercedes-Benz because we moved and didn't need that car anymore. I didn't have a lot of time to deal with this along with moving, so I asked the mechanic (non-dealer) who had been servicing the car if he knew anyone. He said he would make a few calls. We agreed on a price, maybe a little below blue book retail. I dropped the car off, his buyers came and looked and one was interested. We agreed on the sale date a few weeks in the future, I drove over with the car and the mechanic wrote me a check on his company's account, said he would get the money from the buyer. I asked him if he was getting a cut, and he said no, he just does this for people.

In addition to asking your mechanic, realtors also seem to always know people who are looking to buy stuff.
45th Birthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:32 AM   #68

Tailgate, the only thing I can say about golf carts is that Club Car is generally considered the best of the bunch. The Cadillac of golf carts. I had one and it served me well. I recently purchased a used EZGo and it's fine also.
JOHNNIE36 is offline   Reply With Quote