Sell in May and go away !

I'm not going without my dividends for 6 months....I'm addicted. Besides I doubt that goofey chart take into account dividends (1/2 the profit in the stock market but who's counting passive crap like that)

Realised some stock and fund gains in April - only because those gains are attractively high. Trying to maintain basic allocation percentage to keep income inflow from dividends and interests however cash level appears high at the moment given the recent sale of stock and funds.

I closed most of my call option positions in the last month or so because the stocks had run and I thought significant further gains in the time I had left were unlikely. Other than that, I mostly trade based on valuations and my efforts to diversify. Could care less what month it is.

No I don't do that because I feel my asset allocation is one I can live with. Actually I think it is a little light on equities at 35/65 so I'm thinking if we see a good correction of say 15% I'd be willing to up my equities to 40 or 45%, 50% seems too high for me.

It sure seems we are poised for a pull back as there are a lot of negative things but there are many positive things as well so I don't know what will happen. Sell in May was not a good call in 2009 and even in 2010 if you missed September you missed out on a lot of growth.

Market timing means you have to be right twice, I can't get it right one time! I'm tuning out the noise.

The only assets I would consider selling early are municipal bonds. I will keep my CDs to their maturity date.

It's important that investment strategies rhyme.

I too have sat through a lot. When I think about selling, I think what the hell will I do with it? I already have plenty of money sitting in 1% bank accounts. I've heard now is not the time for bond funds. So here I sit pondering... Maybe I should try trading a little and see how I do or don't?

Fighting fire with fire, this is the 3rd year of the Presidential cycle and since 1951 we've seen the following averages:

m9pms1.jpg

I'm hanging tight.

Read this somewhere:
"Question: Got any good tips for today?
Investment manager: Buy Low. Sell high. Don't tell a soul."

Sold yesturday

I sold my Small Cap index fund yesterday. It has a had a nice run up and I typically like to buy it during a downturn then sell it when the large cap's start to move higher. Today's trading is a good example where the NASDAQ is moving down and S&P up. On the next pullback I will re-allocate those funds to the Total Market fund.

My decision had nothing to do with the time of year.

I guess the saying means to sell at the beginning of May. I was waiting till the end of the month. Or did W2R do something to jinx the market :(

Back
Top Bottom