Join Early Retirement Today
Old 05-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.
The 5 year contracting period is great. Take your time to figure things out, get a budget together and learn more about investing.

There is plenty of good information here.

FreeAtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

My thoughts exactly.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:45 AM   #22
Confused about dryer sheets
My thoughts exactly.

Originally Posted by clifp View Post
The board is very useful for keeping you from doing stupid things, less useful for telling you what to do.
You guys did save me from myself. Thanks. I'll keep you updated on what I learn.

Right now I see that if I go the immediate annuity route, I'm looking at either my wife or I living another 50 years; in all likelihood

So that means a payout of $154,000 x 50 = $7,700,000
(2,800,000 tax free) so that's the tax equivalent of:

$8,540,000 Now I just need to figure out how I can make a little over 3 times my money in 50 years. Time to hit the books.

So I have to beat 2.2% interest over the 50 years.

Pjman is offline   Reply With Quote