Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #81
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Yep, a 50% discount on camping fees in all National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands. I just made online reservations for a COE campground and when I put in my pass number my total was discounted by half.

The Senior Pass is the best $10 bucks I've spent in a long time.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2009, 06:46 AM   #82
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
Don't forget to ask for Senior Coffee at McDonald's! It's pretty cheap. I don't know what the age cut-off is, because with our grey/white hair they always think we are more than old enough.
I've got to start taking advantage of these discounts.
Especially since I learned Ziggy puffs up about it.
What's tha deal with that, does he not qualify for it?
Does Micky D's give a break on the new fancy coffee's they are making too?
Steve
Stevewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #83
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Round Table pizza has a senior discount. We usually get something like a $1 off on a small pizza -- 6 pieces and we only eat 2 each. Then our son comes over and finishes it off the next day. Maybe I should ask him to pay for the 2 pieces he eats?
Lsbcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:01 PM   #84
Dryer sheet aficionado

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! You're right. This forum is not only informational, it is entertaining. I can hardly wait until I get old enough to qualify for all senior discounts. LOL ; )
GrammieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #85
Give me a forum ...

Here's a homegrown "senior" discount offer...
I will promise, for an entire 7 day week, not to throw any "slow pitches" at or make any wisecracks , no matter how heavily baited, to the first person over 50 yo, who can guess what my new avatar is, AND what is is made from.
Trust me, folks, you'll never guess both parts correctly.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #86
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Here's a homegrown "senior" discount offer...
I will promise, for an entire 7 day week, not to throw any "slow pitches" at or make any wisecracks , no matter how heavily baited, to the first person over 50 yo, who can guess what my new avatar is, AND what is is made from.
Trust me, folks, you'll never guess both parts correctly.
Okay, my over 50-yo brain was still born and bread/bred in Wisconsin. It's gotta be Elsie the cow jumping over the moon, both carved in butter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images-2.jpeg (2.1 KB, 50 views)
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #87
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaJoe View Post
Okay, my over 50-yo brain was still born and bread/bred in Wisconsin. It's gotta be Elsie the cow jumping over the moon, both carved in butter.
Well, I'll be darned. I should have known a fellow dairy state person would get it.
Photo was taken at the NY State Fair. Every year the butter sculpture is different. This was one of the best ones I ever saw. There's also a small mouse eating a piece of cheese on the surface of the moon.
It is now 11:40 PM, eastern time. I shall be an angel for 7 entire days, but only for CJ. This is gonna be tough.

The rest of you are still open game.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #88
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Well, I'll be darned. I should have known a fellow dairy state person would get it.
And they say taking a bazillion art history classes is of no use.

This I've learned from attending art exhibits: 1) If there are cheese sculptures, see the show early in the run, not six weeks into it. Never believe anyone who says cheese can be kept indefinitely; and 2) You might want to skip the casserole medium altogether; but if you must go, say, a friend is one of the artists, go no later than the first hour.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...D5SasgP9-K28Ag
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1729.jpg (534.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1725.jpg (420.6 KB, 0 views)
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote