Share your FIRE Milestones - 2013- 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated the spreadsheet:
- 1.6M in NW.
- 1.35M in investable funds and rental property equity.
- 1.05M not counting any real estate.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Retirement pay will kick in during 2017.

Funny this came up, last week we reached $100k.

I was just thinking of what my next milestone is. Maybe $250k.

What's funny is that as we accumulate, I keep thinking its just not that much. When I started saving I remember thinking, "man, if I had 100k. Wow... ". Back then it seemed like a lot.

I wonder if when we reach $1M... will it also be "not enough" in my mind. Anyway didn't mean to hijack the topic, so back to it...

$100k. Woohoo :)
Yes. When I reached 100k for good in October 2011 it seemed like 250k would be alot. As I get closer to 250k it just does not seem like that much. I am thinking 500k would give me much more comfort and obviously alot more compounding power.

Joined the two comma club today! I was shooting for before 40, but I ended up just about three months behind. But I am sure I will leave it and come back several times...

Joined the two comma club today! I was shooting for before 40, but I ended up just about three months behind. But I am sure I will leave it and come back several times...

Did the same here a few months ago. Yes, I've seen it swing back and forth across that two comma line several times since then. Probably will do that off and on for a few awhile.
:cool:

12/27/14 net worth crossed the 1 million mark for the first time ever. I'm 38 and two years ahead of schedule. Fingers cross!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Two comma club, ha...it's obvious I don't know the lingo around here. Love it. Thanks for all the knowledge so far

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

FIRE Relocation Milestone

DW, Fur Child, and I relocated to the Bay Area as planned. After lots of planning and preparation, and running from bad weather the past few weeks, we are finally here. :dance:

image.jpg

Now it's just a matter of unpacking all the boxes, figuring out where to put everything, then remembering where we put it.

We are very excited to be [-]here[/-] back though; been gone ~17 yrs and will now be able to spend lots more time with some close friends, exploring old haunts, and finding new ones.

Passive income crossed $175K per year (taxable accounts) for the first time. When I stopped working (10 years in July) my passive income was $108,245 per year and I decided it was time to punch out since I can have a comfortable life on $4500 per month or less and saw no reason to work just to reach the magical retirement age.

Today we crossed $3M in investable assets; almost exactly $2M in stock funds and $1M in bond funds. :dance:

:dance:

A little over 57; planning to retire in 32 months with goal of $3.5M. Aiming for $2M stocks, $1.3M bonds, and $200K cash.

Marc

DW, Fur Child, and I relocated to the Bay Area as planned. After lots of planning and preparation, and running from bad weather the past few weeks, we are finally here. :dance:

View attachment 21216

Now it's just a matter of unpacking all the boxes, figuring out where to put everything, then remembering where we put it.

We are very excited to be [-]here[/-] back though; been gone ~17 yrs and will now be able to spend lots more time with some close friends, exploring old haunts, and finding new ones.

Congratulations on your wished-for relocation!

View attachment 21216

Welcome to the area, and congratulations on the successful move!

Last edited:
Made it to Vanguard Voyager Select status, I had to call them though before I slipped back :) Hopefully the Flagship status will be attained much more quickly!!

Finished grad school at 27 with 70k in debt, 1child, and 2 to follow in next three years. Self-made. Put self through undergrad and graduate school. Those early years were tough. Didn't purchase first home until I was 35, scraped by for the first three years deciding whether to pay electricity or water late. Spouse is a social worker, some years her car and costs outstripped her take home. Fast forward to today, am 51, and just made last college payment for youngest child (all three went to private schools, no loans). Primary home mortgage paid in full. City investment condo purchased new at bottom of market in 2009 is 75% paid off and has appreciated 55% in 5.5 years. Net worth (excluding real estate) just hit $3.5M today. Goal is to hit $5M (excluding real estate) in 3 years. Excited about the future. Not in a finance profession at all but a wise person told me when I was 15 two things that stuck: 1) it isn't how much you earn, it's how much you save; and (2) the way to security (and eventually, wealth) is by making your money earn money. Both easier said than done.

Finished grad school at 27 with 70k in debt, 1child, and 2 to follow in next three years. Self-made. Put self through undergrad and graduate school. Those early years were tough. Didn't purchase first home until I was 35, scraped by for the first three years deciding whether to pay electricity or water late. Spouse is a social worker, some years her car and costs outstripped her take home. Fast forward to today, am 51, and just made last college payment for youngest child (all three went to private schools, no loans). Primary home mortgage paid in full. City investment condo purchased new at bottom of market in 2009 is 75% paid off and has appreciated 55% in 5.5 years. Net worth (excluding real estate) just hit $3.5M today. Goal is to hit $5M (excluding real estate) in 3 years. Excited about the future. Not in a finance profession at all but a wise person told me when I was 15 two things that stuck: 1) it isn't how much you earn, it's how much you save; and (2) the way to security (and eventually, wealth) is by making your money earn money. Both easier said than done.

Very nice. We are similar even to the kids' educations, but have had two highpaying professions for about half of our marriage. Impressive for you to do it with one social worker salary. :bow:

I always tell my spouse I'm earning for this lifetime but she's earning for the next one...

Made it to Vanguard Voyager Select status, I had to call them though before I slipped back :) Hopefully the Flagship status will be attained much more quickly!!

Agni, What's Voyager Select status and Flagship status? I know it's something to do with Vanguard.

Congrats! Mind if I ask what you did/what field?

Frequent visitor to this thread, first time poster. Very motivating albeit sometimes not, as we have a long ways to go.

Hit 250k in retirement assets(tax adjusting the roth) and 50% equity in our home

NW is 330k and I hope to hit 400k by my 30th birthday in March

Made 400k net worth 11 days before my goal of 30 years old. :dance:

Hopefully I won't have to hit the same goal again! Next stop, half a million.

A hundred grand !!1!

Got my March salary today. With that I'm now back over 100,000€ in investments, after taking out 50,000 as a down payment on our house 26 months ago. :dance:

We have almost identical history of invested assets:

Today $2,500,000 100% in equities all my life
$ 450,000 primary residence no mortgage
$ 100,000 vacation house no mortgage

Current ages 44 and 48.
We plan to work 7 more years. :dance:

Year and half later (No trading in last year and half just adding to existing ETFs):

3,250,000 Almost 100% equities starting to build CD Ladder
550,000 Primary Residence
100,000 Vacation house

Current ages 46 and 50
We plan to work 5 more years :LOL:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom