Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 03:32 PM   #1221
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasdoc View Post
Just excited to share that I paid my last check to the mortgage company this past week. I know we see a ton of people that make this same post, but I think we are all excited when we get to. 38 years old and a huge chunk of debt removed. I'm sure there was plenty of investment opportunity lost, but now pretty much all of my money can go into college funds and retirement (and taxes ). Had been putting over 100k in the past few years. No more! Pretty psyched. Cheers!
congrats, gotta be a load off your mind
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2016, 10:44 PM   #1222
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Hit $950k net worth. I suppose that's a milestone, because it's just another $50k to $1 mil. .

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 09-01-2016, 10:41 AM   #1223
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber888 View Post
Hit $950k net worth. I suppose that's a milestone, because it's just another $50k to $1 mil. .

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Lol, I can understand being excited about the upcoming milestone!
Old 09-01-2016, 11:01 AM   #1224
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Good for you! Yes, it does feel good -

And when you send that mortgage payment to your investments instead of your lender you really start stacking dough!
Old 09-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #1225
Recycles dryer sheets

We finally did it!!! We FINALLY hit 7 figures on my 45th bday!!! It feels great. Also, I have secured my military retirement and am currently at 21.5 years, which I calculate to be worth over 2M. Once we make our charitable contribution for this year we'll dip back below 7 figures, and I'm sure that'll we'll cross that line many times back and forth in the future. Thank you all for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Old 09-02-2016, 01:13 PM   #1226

Congratulations surferlife!!!

(55, married; Mr. Simple Girl, 59. FIRED 12/31/19!)
Old 09-02-2016, 04:47 PM   #1227

Wahoo surferlife, congrats!
Old 09-02-2016, 11:56 PM   #1228
Recycles dryer sheets

DW and I hit 900k investments net worth today
Old 09-03-2016, 12:59 AM   #1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakers View Post
Maybe a sort of anti milestone, one night in the cardiac ward in Oct 07 led me to take a small buyout in 08. Figured whatever I had would have to be enough. Fortunately various calculations agreed that I had enough, solved the issues about wanting more and the 'one more year' syndrome.
Been there, done that.....cardiac thing (2010). Also survived housing crash (my career nearly ended) and decided to move up the FIRE thing, even if a little short of $ goals. It has worked just fine for 3 years now, and NW keeps inching up-baby steps!
Old 09-03-2016, 05:21 AM   #1230

We crossed 1.5M net worth last month. Close to 1.1M is investments. 3M more to go!
Old 09-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #1231
Dryer sheet wannabe

44 Yrs old and recently crossed the $3M portfolio milestone, which was my magic number to be FI.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #1232

I mentioned this milestone to my sister and she got this cake for DW. We both busted out laughing when we saw it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-09-16 11.14.09.jpg (433.1 KB, 289 views)
Old 09-16-2016, 11:13 AM   #1233
Full time employment: Posting here.

We just purchased a home. Actually bought it from in laws. $220,000 total price...we put $100,000 down...15 year at approx $670/month paid directly to the in laws. The best part...0% interest!

We took the $100k from our emergency fund...we still have $60k in the EF which is still a nice cushion.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:36 PM   #1234
Recycles dryer sheets

I just completed my "papers" to start collecting my pension! Starts on my 55th Birthday October27th. Gona be a bit harder to keep gong in to the office :-)
Old 09-22-2016, 03:41 AM   #1235

Just reached our FIRE goal of $2.3M. It was $2.1M a couple years ago, but DW and I sat down and added on some "material" things we'd like to have...and decided to w*rk slightly longer to cover...didn't take long with the market increases we saw combined with 401k contributions. She has a target retirement date now of March 1 2017 (don't need the money, but she's worried she'll go crazy if she FIREs just before winter LOL). I still work 3 days a week 6 hours a day, but only because I like it.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:43 PM   #1236

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttvjef View Post
I just completed my "papers" to start collecting my pension! Starts on my 55th Birthday October27th. Gona be a bit harder to keep gong in to the office :-)
Congrats. My tiny pension starts 10/1... I like having another income stream.
Hit another Milestone - $200K. Finally!!
Old 09-24-2016, 05:38 PM   #1237
Dryer sheet aficionado

Hit another Milestone - $200K. Finally!!

Hello Everyone

Back in Oct. 2013 I had hit my first milestone of achieving $100K savings which was a amazing accomplishment for me. Although I must admit I had hoped to be a bit farther ahead and I did make 1 bad oil & gas investment that lost me some savings, I am still very happy to see this progress and getting over the $200K mark.

I'm still credit card debt free and have recently helped get my oldest daughter through 2 years of college which I must recognize for myself as a victory.

I now have $200K in my retirement accounts and getting oh so close to my next milestone of the Quarter Million... that sounds nice!

Hoping all of you here are finding yourselves on track or making positive momentum towards achieving your own financial goals as well.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:03 PM   #1238

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamasSaver View Post
Hello Everyone

Back in Oct. 2013 I had hit my first milestone of achieving $100K savings which was a amazing accomplishment for me. Although I must admit I had hoped to be a bit farther ahead and I did make 1 bad oil & gas investment that lost me some savings, I am still very happy to see this progress and getting over the $200K mark.

I'm still credit card debt free and have recently helped get my oldest daughter through 2 years of college which I must recognize for myself as a victory.

I now have $200K in my retirement accounts and getting oh so close to my next milestone of the Quarter Million... that sounds nice!

Hoping all of you here are finding yourselves on track or making positive momentum towards achieving your own financial goals as well.
Congrats!

I found that each $100k seemed to get easier.
Congratulations, Camas!
Old 09-28-2016, 08:39 PM   #1239
Full time employment: Posting here.

Congratulations, Camas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamasSaver View Post
Hello Everyone

Yes, these are landmarks! And doesn't it feel so good to reach a savings goal? Back in the "accumulation phase," I remember enjoying every step toward the goal as being way more fun than a shopping trip to a mall. Every step took me closer to freedom from w*rk.

Savor your success!

Old 09-29-2016, 04:53 AM   #1240

We finally made the transition to our FL home, where we wish to eventually retire! Moved in Monday night, still awaiting delivery of our "cubes", then the unloading and unpacking begins.

Next steps: complete closing on our AL home, apply funds to FL home, then pay off remainder of FL mortgage over the next year or so. Goal is for DH to stop working in 2018 (the year he turns 55) so that we will be able to access his 401K penalty-free if we need to (will of course access taxable accounts first).

This move was a huge step towards early retirement!

(55, married; Mr. Simple Girl, 59. FIRED 12/31/19!)
Closed Thread