Share your FIRE Milestones - 2013- 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit $1.2 mil networth (880K liquid + 320K house, car, other assets). Living in the south. No kids.

Last edited:
$1.2M NW. $930k investable.

2015-05: $400k
2015-10: Paid off mortgage
2016-03: $500k
2016-11: $650k
2016-12: $800k
2017-06: $900k
2017-11: $1M
2018-01: $1.1M
2018-09: $1.2M

$1.2M NW. $930k investable.

All good, in my opinion you should just forget about counting any residential equity and focus solely on investment principal. Which means you will be a real millionaire soon as long as the market holds.

Love this thread! It’s nice to see a lot of people winning on stocks. I’m one of the other 50% on the losing side. Despite that I reached my goal of equilibrium. 17 years of school,, 17 years of work, and 17 years of retirement last September. My new goal now a year in is to be retired 50 years. Mainly was able to retire at 34 by buying trailer parks and apartments then selling them carrying the notes.
Time and people are the most valuable things in life.

Hit $4.3M NW, no debt. Looking FIRE in 2-5years. Got to put kids to college and fulfill my duty before pulling the plug.

Nice Job. No worries. Enjoy your work by finding and focusing on the best parts of it no matter how small. Be prepared for (as you have worked towards so far) turns in life. So, if you need to work longer - it's no big deal. You've obviously worked hard and add value. If things out of your control turn sideways, you will strike a deal that works for you! Congrats. I'm in similar situation and things did turn sideways... all good.

Love this thread! It’s nice to see a lot of people winning on stocks. I’m one of the other 50% on the losing side. Despite that I reached my goal of equilibrium. 17 years of school,, 17 years of work, and 17 years of retirement last September. My new goal now a year in is to be retired 50 years. Mainly was able to retire at 34 by buying trailer parks and apartments then selling them carrying the notes.

Time and people are the most valuable things in life.

Nice job-best wishes on the 50 years of retirement goal.
Do you have any properties at this point, or are you just doing the lending now?

Nice job-best wishes on the 50 years of retirement goal.
Do you have any properties at this point, or are you just doing the lending now?
No more rentals at this time but may have to repossess one small mobile home park soon. The new owner has been paying me 11% on the loan for 12 years but has been chronically late on payments. I’ve tried to help them develop more of a business sense but I think they may give up. Unfortunately with several missed payments and late fees they have not earned any equity.

Our cars are 12 and 16 years old and we are on a first name basis with our mechanic. This week, for the first time ever, we bought a 3 year old Acura SUV by selling some investments rather than using our income. Remember those Toyota commercials showing people jumping in the air and clicking their heels? That’s DW and me this week :)

Our cars are 12 and 16 years old and we are on a first name basis with our mechanic. This week, for the first time ever, we bought a 3 year old Acura SUV by selling some investments rather than using our income. Remember those Toyota commercials showing people jumping in the air and clicking their heels? That’s DW and me this week :)

Congrats!

I bet you’ll at least break even (NPV) by keeping the new SUV vs keeping/repairing the two old cars for 5 yrs.

I didn't post this sooner, but right around June, we crossed over the $1MM in investments - mostly retirement and some non-retirement. Total NW is just shy of $1.6MM due to SoCal house equity. We are aggressively working on paying down the mortgage, but still have a ways to go!

Started the FI journey 2.5 years ago. Paid off all non-mortgage debt...84k. And have saved 130k in retirement accounts. :dance:

200k!

Got my March salary today. With that I'm now back over 100,000€ in investments, after taking out 50,000 as a down payment on our house 26 months ago. :dance:

Aaaand I finally doubled up: 200k invested as of this morning! :dance:

OMG, I had started to think I would never get there. For several months, I came tantalizingly close, only to have the market pull back a little each time. Then my car needed some repairs... Last Friday, at the close, I was €6 short. I mean, I have more than that in my wallet, but that's not how I'm keeping score, and I wasn't going to start cheating now. :LOL:

So this morning, when the stock exchange opened, I finally made it over €200,000 for the first time.

It took me almost 6 years to get to the first 100k, and 3.5 years for the second. The third should come in under 3 years, if the markets cooperate. Next stop: Quarter Millionaire! :LOL:

NW has hit a new all-time high: $2.75 million. Trying to get to $3 million by the end of 2019 when DH hits 50.

So, after 11 months, the monthly bills and expenses are down from $5,000+ to $3,000 and some change. It's like I got a $24,000 raise, tax free!
Great job! As your assets increase, you may want to add some umbrella liability insurance to protect your assets!

It took me almost 6 years to get to the first 100k, and 3.5 years for the second. The third should come in under 3 years, if the markets cooperate. Next stop: Quarter Millionaire!
What's both fascinating and scary is how your investments start to compound! Once you top $1M, it's not uncommon to have a $10K variance in your equities within a day or two! By the time you hit $2M, you'll likely be making more from your investments than your job, and then you'll probably be getting really close!

I didn't post this sooner, but right around June, we crossed over the $1MM in investments - mostly retirement and some non-retirement. Total NW is just shy of $1.6MM due to SoCal house equity. We are aggressively working on paying down the mortgage, but still have a ways to go!

That's an awesome milestone! Are you planning to retire in SoCal?

Started the FI journey 2.5 years ago. Paid off all non-mortgage debt...84k. And have saved 130k in retirement accounts. :dance:

Wow, that's a fantastic accomplishment in just 2.5yrs. Nice work!!

Aaaand I finally doubled up: 200k invested as of this morning! :dance:

It took me almost 6 years to get to the first 100k, and 3.5 years for the second. The third should come in under 3 years, if the markets cooperate. Next stop: Quarter Millionaire! :LOL:

Great job! :cool:

NW has hit a new all-time high: $2.75 million. Trying to get to $3 million by the end of 2019 when DH hits 50.

Amazing! $3MM by 50, wow.
Wait is that in Canadian Pesos? I kid I kid! :LOL:

Don't know if it's a milestone but I just wrote a check for 15k to the caterer for my DS upcoming wedding and it doesn't have any impact on my FIRE (3 years from now). What an amazing feeling to be able to help them out and things still be on track for the RE aspect. I am so grateful that I am in a position to do it. :)

Hit $1.7M at the end of Q3, $1.2M investments, $400k rental equity grossing $120k/year and $100k primary residence.

Hit $1.7M at the end of Q3, $1.2M investments, $400k rental equity grossing $120k/year and $100k primary residence.

Similar numbers here at the end of Q3: $1.7MM NW, $1.4 invested, $300k equity in primary residence. Even with mediocre market performance we should reach our FI goal in ~3 years at age 45.

I'm a little envious of that $120k/year rental income though. Nice job!

NW = $2.3M

Tax advantaged savings: $1.45M
RE equity = $130K
rest in lump sum pensions

SS not included

Told my business partner this week that May 2020 I will retire. Man what a relief that was. Now its a sprint to RE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom