Should My Daughter Seek Legal Counsel?

Pb4uski and Travelover,

I'm having to fight the urge to rip her former boss a new one.
He knows my DD, her character and ethics. He is a bully (has pulled this crap on other former employees) and that is why DD didn't want to cave in to his bully tactics to find out her new employer.
How embarrassing for his attorney having to admit his claims were all hot air.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

So, it appears to be over. Just 72 hours of hell.

Glad it's over - sorry your daughter had to deal with this.

So glad to hear that your daughter can put this behind her.

This just confirms she made the right choice leaving that company.

Pb4uski and Travelover,

I'm having to fight the urge to rip her former boss a new one.
He knows my DD, her character and ethics. He is a bully (has pulled this crap on other former employees) and that is why DD didn't want to cave in to his bully tactics to find out her new employer.

The former employer started this on " Rumors " ? His business is suffering and lost customers because he is stupid and lacks competence not only in sales, but treating employees decently. People like this deserve to go out of business.

My uninformed opinion is this, and even more very likely, previous pay issues are actionable and worth pursuing. The only thing to change the behavior of a business owner or managers like this is having to write a settlement check and pay for legal cost , not only his defence, but of the person damaged.

This guy needs a reality check , via civil action. I know several atty's that make a small fortune fixing the crap caused by their own clients. Employers like this keep the calendars full in the civil courts.

Last edited:
I would leave an anonymous tip with state and fed labor departments. Give them specific time periods of any unusual accounting for wages. Wait six months or so...

Think your daughter's old company's owners would have sent the same email no matter where she was working--no wonder their customers preferred dealing with her while was working for them. Very shortsighted of them to have disregarded her quality rather than expanding on it while she was an employee. Her wanting to put this incident behind her speaks to her professionalusm and maturity, but I would be in the same mindset as you if my DD was threatened with this crap!

Not to put a downer on what has transpired so far.... but you can never say it is over...

Just because the lawyer has made a stmt, it does not prevent the owner from firing this attorney and hiring another that will continue the pursuit... I have seen vindictive owners that think they are always correct and will shop for an attorney that will agree with them....

...Just because the lawyer has made a stmt, it does not prevent the owner from firing this attorney and hiring another that will continue the pursuit... I have seen vindictive owners that think they are always correct and will shop for an attorney that will agree with them....

and some of them go on to run for high office? :D

Not to put a downer on what has transpired so far.... but you can never say it is over...

Just because the lawyer has made a stmt, it does not prevent the owner from firing this attorney and hiring another that will continue the pursuit... I have seen vindictive owners that think they are always correct and will shop for an attorney that will agree with them....

Yep. I had an employer who literally felt he owned his employees. He also felt traffic laws didn't apply to him because he brought tax revenue to the city. (He literally told this to a cop - who wrote him the ticket anyway.) He also felt taxes didn't apply to him. Last I heard he was living in the Caymens because he was a tax fugitive from the USA. Some employers are just irrational.

What embarrassment? The attorney is being paid to try. He tried. He billed. Hopefully he gets paid.

-- Rita

What embarrassment? The attorney is being paid to try. He tried. He billed. Hopefully he gets paid.

-- Rita

I'm guessing that the attorney saw what a jerk this former employer was to push with no basis in fact, and probably insisted on being paid up-front! ;)

-ERD50

DD attorney said its done, they have nothing and not to worry about it.

DD did speak to her manager. Her manager's response was, " what a jerk!" and told DD not to worry about it.

So, it appears to be over. Just 72 hours of hell.
That's good news. It also confirms the smart choice she made changing jobs.

Glad things have taken a positive turn and that her current employer was so supportive. Hope this is the last she has to deal with this, but glad she got her own lawyer.

Back
Top Bottom