Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-15-2017, 07:16 AM   #61
Recycles dryer sheets

phillu33 Do you have a good roll yet?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2017, 07:28 AM   #62
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer2 View Post
exnavynuke why did you stretch it? Is it used for the dragstrip only? don't try to ride twisties with it stretched like that. you've lost your maneuverability and clearance.
That's not stretched... maybe the angle on the pic makes it kinda look like it is though? The only mods on the bike are the Two Brothers exhaust, aftermarket indicators/brake lights, and a power commander.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:49 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer2 View Post
phillu33 Do you have a good roll yet?

Getting there. I was pretty consistent at the last two practice sessions in the lake (only had to swim once in about a dozen tries). I need more reps to cement the muscle memory and build endurance and confidence.

I haven't tried yet in moving water, but plan to face that challenge/fear soon. (I really don't like swimming in rapids...)
Old 06-15-2017, 07:50 AM   #64
Recycles dryer sheets

IMG_1454.jpg
Old 06-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #65
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by exnavynuke View Post
That's a LOT of beans! Are you feeding the whole city??
That's just what I bought this year, I still have another big plastic container in the garage with a lot more seeds. But I didn't store them properly so I don't know if they are ok or not. I usually have lots of seeds. I feel rich with them.

About the beans, the pill bugs have been eating my beans, I didn't have a lot this year. So apparently it was not enough.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau View Post
Okay, I think I know what the picture on the right is. The one on the left appears to be some sort of flute. Is that even close? DD used to play a "standard" flute as part of her musical education at school. She was quite proficient for the short amount of time she played it (one school year). I was disappointed that she did not want to keep up with it, but by no means would I "make" her stay with it. Music is such a personal art that it must be desired. It can't be imposed - especially by proud parents, <sigh>.

Bass flute.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedup View Post
That's just what I bought this year, I still have another big plastic container in the garage with a lot more seeds. But I didn't store them properly so I don't know if they are ok or not. I usually have lots of seeds. I feel rich with them.

About the beans, the pill bugs have been eating my beans, I didn't have a lot this year. So apparently it was not enough.
All but one of the bean plants I planted earlier this year sprouted and by the next day was "gone" to never return. Literally looked at a 1-2" plant growing and then nothing later... I'm guessing birds or something got them since they were in cups (not in the ground) inside a fenced in yard with no trees/etc providing access (never seen squirrels/rabbits/etc make it into the yard).
Old 06-15-2017, 08:33 AM   #68
Dryer sheet wannabe

I have several favorite toys. The latest is a 2015 Lexus RCF. I had a lot of negative feedback from others on here about spending money for a sports car but it has put a smile on my face.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0925.jpg (721.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 06-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #69
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief322 View Post
I have several favorite toys. The latest is a 2015 Lexus RCF. I had a lot of negative feedback from others on here about spending money for a sports car but it has put a smile on my face.
That's a sweet ride. Who cares what others think!
Old 06-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #70

I've lost the saved pictures I had when my old laptop died, so this is the closest I could find to my favorite toy. Shame that color scheme only lasted one year, but I'm glad to have a unique color.

Nothing like the sound of that three cylinder engine revving to 13,000 RPM.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:32 AM   #71
Dryer sheet aficionado

Vantage.jpg...One of our custom built fun machines...
Old 06-15-2017, 12:47 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Gal View Post
Bass flute.
Thanks! I did not know such existed. Then again, much as I like music, I'm not very knowledgeable about instruments beyond the "usual." Enjoy making beautiful music. Little in life can bring such joy. Aloha.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #73

My TerraTrike Rover recumbent tricycle:

TerraTrike

I never learned to ride a two-wheeler, and always wanted to, but hated to break a bone at this advanced age. Problem solved - just add another wheel.