Siegel interview on Knowledge@Wharton

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
This may come as a surprise to no one, but Siegel is optimistic about the long-term future for investors...

I consider that a maximum 10% downside risk. If we should have that, I think that it could be the buying opportunity of the decade for investors -- because long term, I'm bullish, and long term, I think that valuations still are very attractive.
Short term, still, it's going to be a little bit rocky until the inflation situation gets clarified; but long term, I think that it's very, very strong. So, anyone that has their stock position long term, they're going to be fine. If you have a little cash, you might decide to put some of that to work in the next couple of weeks. As stock prices decline, you might be getting some very good bargains.

Jeremy Siegel on Politicians, Prices and a Potential 'Buying Opportunity of the Decade' - Knowledge@Wharton

Thanks for sharing. Let's hope that Siegel is correct in his assessment of the economy.

I hope he's right. I've got a lunker bonus coming in 4 weeks. I know my wife has a new stove on the to do list and a couple things for the kids but most of it will be going in the market in 28 days.

It's interesting that Siegel thinks that if stocks decline another 5-10% that it would be, "the buying opportunity of the decade for investors...with a maximum 10% downside risk." Perhaps it's worth considering.

Thanks for the link - what a great site! Another site like this is TED: Ideas worth spreading

He made an interesting point about the effect of the US slowdown on China. As the consumer here tightens spending, the demand for Chinese made, inexpensive products, will rise, so a consumer spending slowdown here may not translate linearly to a reduction in imports from China.

Back
Top Bottom