Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-21-2008, 07:46 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
I suspect it depends on where you look. San Fran is probably in space still. Excremento has probably crashed down to where it belongs.
I don't think CFB would appreciate the Excremento description. Then again, with bunnies multiplying fast, there's got be more bunny poop there.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2008, 08:05 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunsGettingFirm View Post
I don't think CFB would appreciate the Excremento description. Then again, with bunnies multiplying fast, there's got be more bunny poop there.
This comes from someone who lives in NJ..

Old 06-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
NJ? You have me confused with Brew.

NJ is a fine state if you have an automobile surgically attached to your legs because you can't walk anywhere.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:31 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum View Post
how are those minneapolis beaches for winter swims?
Swim? No, ice skating or fishing in the winter months. During the winter months, many retirees return to Florida.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
"God's Country," as a former colleague used to say.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #26

jersey gets an unfair bad rap. lots of great places there. my own home town just outside of the city is still a beautiful area. great houses, good amount of affordable apartments, tree lined streets. really a nice place to grow up.

meanwhile, just noticed a small amount of possibly good news for me, a house near mine finally sold in may. it is in an adjacent association. so far the only one in my association to sell in 2008 went for about $9mm (for about 10k sq ft) so not a comp. but this one is very similar to our product. they have more seawall but we are on a better street. both our houses are old teardowns built in the same era. it fetched $1,050,000 or $556/sq ft.

ok, it's only one, but there's only 9 more deepwater houses including mine under $1.5mm in that zip code and no preforeclosures at all. so that one sale represents 10% of that segment. it ain't much, but i'm taking it as a good sign.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:24 PM   #27

still pretty pathetic here but broward & palm beach counties seem to be somewhat "bucking the national trend."

www.palmbeachpost.com/business/content/business/epaper/2008/07/24/0724homesales.html

both counties have increased total number of sales for 5 consecutive months now. though all of 639 & 744 houses sold in june in broward & palm beach counties, respectively, is a bit of a joke, those numbers are about twice what sold last january. we could use for that number to double a few more times. prices rose a hair month over month for two consecutive months. still down year over year, of course, and all that could be--as a friend of mine puts it--a dead cat bouncing. only time will tell.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #28
Administrator

Quote:
meanwhile, just noticed a small amount of possibly good news for me, a house near mine finally sold in may.
That is great news! With a little luck, maybe your house is next.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #29

Quote:
still pretty pathetic here but broward & palm beach counties seem to be somewhat "bucking the national trend."

www.palmbeachpost.com/business/content/business/epaper/2008/07/24/0724homesales.html

both counties have increased total number of sales for 5 consecutive months now. though all of 639 & 744 houses sold in june in broward & palm beach counties, respectively, is a bit of a joke, those numbers are about twice what sold last january. we could use for that number to double a few more times. prices rose a hair month over month for two consecutive months. still down year over year, of course, and all that could be--as a friend of mine puts it--a dead cat bouncing. only time will tell.
quite normal for sales to increase this time of year since April through July is the peak selling season