Social Status of Early Retirees

Nords said:
I'll wait until I can buy it for $1.99 at Goodwill.  XL, please!
Nords, you're one frugal dude!  (Is "frood" a word from Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy?--I can't remember.)

I used to be a clothes horse and would go off regularly harvesting the malls. Now, I mostly go to the local St. Vinny's (St. Vincent De Paul) except for "foundation wear"  :)

I've heard that at the second St. Vinny's location in town, clothes regulary go on sale for $1.00 per grocery shopping bag.  They just can't get rid of all the donated clothes! I have yet to check that out.

th (er...Grand Banks) please be advised that under Mexican Law public display of Vicente Fox's undershirt or unautherized display of the ruling family crest is a crime punishable by two years incarceration or a fine of no less that two cases of Cuervo Gold paid directly to the nearest Federale to leave you alone and look the other way.

Mexican law never made sense to me when I lived there either. I suspect that they make it up as they go.

LEX said:
Mexican law never made sense to me when I lived there either.  I suspect that they make it up as they go.
My observation is that traffic laws throughout Latin America are based entirely on momentum. Whoever has the most has the right-of-way.

:D :D :D

JG:

In Mexico, the right of way belongs to the largest truck with the most welded exterior steel crash cage structure. 8)

I recall when I got to Japan many years ago. Huge traffic jam from Tokyo to Tachikawa. A large truck got on the sidewalk to gain an advantage, and further other large ones just pulled into the lanes whenever they wanted, opening or not.

Since I was in a small taxi, the truck(s) did have the right of way. :D

Back
Top Bottom