speaking of insurance...

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-revoke17sep17,0,1214150.story?page=1&coll=la-home-headlines

Dawn and Steve Foiles were left with $100,000 in bills when Blue Cross terminated Dawn's coverage after authorizing back and neck operations. It accused her of failing to disclose a 1997 back surgery and refused to reconsider after the Foileses told the company that it had made a mistake.

A copy of her application supports her contention that she disclosed the operation, including the date and name, location and telephone number of the hospital where it was performed.
In a suit set for trial in November, Blue Shield is accused of canceling Steve Leyra almost two years ago for failing to disclose diabetes, a condition the Fullerton man doesn't even have.

In correspondence with Leyra and in depositions, Blue Shield employees said they came to that conclusion based on a doctor's note in a chart and a prescription for a drug used for diabetes. They acknowledged that they made the decision without discussing the medication or Leyra's condition with him or his physician.

I hope the Foiles win and own Blue Cross. Then I hope they will lower my premium. If not, I hope they rot in hell.

Back
Top Bottom