Stocks or TIPS? Siegel or Bodie?

Both, please. Asset allocation. I has it.

Siegel agrees with you and Bodie comes across as a bit of a zealot....but I must warn people that the transcript includes acceptance from both parties that annuities are not the creation of the anti-Christ.

Last edited:
Siegel agrees with you and Bodie comes across as a bit of a zealot....but I must warn people that the transcript includes acceptance from both parties that annuities are not the creation of the anti-Christ.

If you want protection from longevity risk then they are the place to go. I don't go there but feel the reasons to go there make sense. I don't want to pay the costs.

I bought a Bodie book a few years ago. Very practical and safe. Trouble is if I was a devoted zealot of his I doubt if I could have ever retired. Thank God for the pension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a Bodie book a few years ago. Very practical and safe. Trouble is if I was a devoted zealot of his I doubt if I could have ever retired. Thank God for the pension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Being a one trick pony like Bodie seems flawed to me, at least during accumulation.....maybe if you have a lot of savings and low income needs you could argue for a TIPS portfolio in retirement if you were very risk averse, otherwise it seems too conservative. Still the back and forth in the debate is interesting.

Back
Top Bottom