Join Early Retirement Today
Stress tests
Old 04-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets
Stress tests

I have no idea what turner radio network is (ted turner) but apparently the banks have failed their stress tests as per link. No major media outlet is covering this and I read conflicting info as to whether or not the results of the stress tests will be released. Is it not obvious that if the results are good the gov't will release the results and if the results are bad they will not? Initially the gov't said they would not release the results but they are now waffling. They need to be clear about their intentions I think.

Turner Radio Network

accountingsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
I believe the person behind "Turner Radio Network" is Hal Turner as they are both based in North Bergen, NJ--you can look him up but I didn't want to post the inflammatory results I found on wikipedia for him (conspiracy theorist, white supremacist, denies the Holocaust, etc). So I would take the "radio" network blog reporting with a big grain of salt.

Anyway, the stress testing for banks was covered in this morning's Tribune:

Bank stress tests: Results may cause even more angst --

and it looks like the market reacted to worry about the results, so I don't think we need to worry that something is being hidden from us.
Go Cubs
Bestwifeever is offline   Reply With Quote