Stronger Thai Baht...

This thread really should be titled "weaker Dollar". For reference, although the dollar has been holding it's own the past few months it has lost a bit since this time last year and is currently at a five year low in the Philippines.

I live in the Philippines because I "married into" the country, we like being close to my wife's large family. But I lived several years in Thailand, in the provinces, and had the privilege of having quite a number of Thais working for me ... so I feel my knowledge came from a deeper level than a typical expat living the western lifestyle in a 'cheap' country. Thailand is certainly on our list of countries we would try if for some reason the Philippines became inhospitable.

ER in South East Asia is certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but that's a primary reason I enjoy it. My wife, who was more attached to our last US location (Colorado Springs) than I was, still reads the COS paper online every day, commenting on the cop killings, random drive-by shootings and the other facts of life that happen everywhere.

As far as 'danger', though, it's all relative. I'd rather be living in the Philippines with the family, neighbors and business people I deal with every day than in any US city I am acquainted with. The low cost of living just makes the icing on the cake.

sendbaht said:
But, my daughter is fluent in Thai and is going to a Catholic American University in Chaing Mai Thailand. She plans to work as a Nurse in Thailand and is now doing on the job training in a ER.

Thanks for the answer.

HFWR said:

What's CHP?

claire said:
Now your all making fun of me

Ahem... Well, just a little bit :) It's not your fault though, it's the drunk laptop! :LOL:

Thanks. I thought it has to do with writing while being chased by the California Highway Patrol!

Back
Top Bottom