Suze Orman - love it!

I just told the young wife how fortunate she was that she snared me back when we were both poor college students, because with my big swinging FICO score, the competition for my favors today would be quite stiff.

She laughed at me. I like to think it was a nervous, whistling past the graveyard laugh.

I just told the young wife how fortunate she was that she snared me back when we were both poor college students, because with my big swinging FICO score, the competition for my favors today would be quite stiff.
She laughed at me. I like to think it was a nervous, whistling past the graveyard laugh.
My spouse's FICO is bigger than mine...

That's usually the attitude. But, as a 62 yr old, do you think you would feel the same? Most of the men I meet are looking to find a partner who brings financial responsibility, as well as hotness, intelligence and great core values. That's a big package and women are looking for the same. Makes me wonder how many people get together at my age with all those requirements. Hasn't happened to me yet and I have 3 out of 4 qualities. It's the hotness that is lacking at my age. :rolleyes:

I understand, however I don't feel any different now about the subject at age 55 than I did at 19.

I'm starting a new online dating service called "ficodate" User profiles are ranked based on FICO scores and our proprietary algorithms match couples based on financial compatibility. I'll probably need a bunch of investors to license the scoring, or maybe I could allow users to rate themselves and offer a premium membership where we actually do a credit check.
:LOL:

I heard Suze Orman say this last night and I could not help but wonder how do you bring up the subject of Fico scores and if his was high would that make me want to tear my clothes off and rush into bed ?:)

If that was the case I'd be a chick magnet, but somehow they seem not to notice.:(

My current DW and I got together after 2 financially draining divorces. We were clearly focused on potential. She likes to spend more than me. Sometimes even buying clothes for me! But when we retired and jointly prepared our budget, she seemed to get it, and now we have a good balance.

After 16 years, we have even achieved financial independence too.

But I don't think the FICO approach can work unless it can be accomplished with an XRAY machine! In other threads, we discuss how one partner likes the finances. While that partner takes the FICO Xray, the other one needs to scrutinize other aspects. Surely the financial partner has some redeeming qualities that can be scrutinzed too?

(snip) My current DW and I got together after 2 financially draining divorces.
I hope everything continues to work out well for the two of you.

But...take my advice and don't let her hear the remark 'current wife'. :)

Here ya go, a man has the choice of dating the following, which one does he chose ?

A. A single woman, never married with a FICO score of 600
B. A widow with married children and a FICO score of 700
C. A divorced woman with a FICO of 800

OK, which one gets the date ?

Wait for it !

Here it come.

The one with the big breasts !

But...take my advice and don't let her hear the remark 'current wife'. :)
"Latest wife"? "Final wife"? "#1 wife"?

I have a shipmate who introduces his spouse as "My first wife". She must be so tired of [-]him[/-] it...

Here ya go, a man has the choice of dating the following, which one does he chose ?

A. A single woman, never married with a FICO score of 600
B. A widow with married children and a FICO score of 700
C. A divorced woman with a FICO of 800

OK, which one gets the date ?

Wait for it !

Here it come.

The one with the big breasts !

:D And has no, I mean NO interest in marriage!

Still single after all these years - and I don't care if they are live or memorex.

heh heh heh - opposed to work, marriage, and people who don't recycle dryer sheets. Curmudgeon in training ;).

I agree with her since I think she is interchanging 'sex' and 'marriage' to include those who are unable to legally marry. However, religious practices and ethics come before FICO scores for me.

We all know people who were or are in financially messed up relationships -- married 35 years, no savings outside of a small $10K-$20K IRA, $50K-$200K in debt, and no pension. 'But he/she was so attractive and had potential!' They come to you for money or listen to them sob on the regular.

"Latest wife"? "Final wife"? "#1 wife"?

I have a shipmate who introduces his spouse as "My first wife". She must be so tired of [-]him[/-] it...
How about currently favorite wife?:dance: Or maybe all-time favorite wife at present?

The thing that makes us permanent is that neither of us gets hung up on words. Everyone can find fault with words, but we get along. Even badly phrased words get forgiven because they do not matter...

(bbbamI, good point. In fact, it is more humorous than you might think. PM me if you want more details.)

Back
Top Bottom