Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Suze Ormans portfolio
Old 03-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHa
I missed where the article specified her duration. Could you fill me in on that?

Ha
On top of that, don't forget this woman will have seven figure residuals (most likely) every year for the rest of her life. Her job provides her with enough equity risk I'm sure.

saluki9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9
On top of that, don't forget this woman will have seven figure residuals (most likely) every year for the rest of her life. Her job provides her with enough equity risk I'm sure.
And we have had so much fun disrespecting her. I wish I were her! Wouldn't even have to change my sexual orientation.

Ha
Old 03-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #43

Maybe she just thinks the market is over priced now.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:40 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw_fire
Y'all seem to be forgetting about her other sources of income i.e her TV show, book and software sales, appearance fees. I doubt she needs to have her portfolio provide any income, hence the zeros.
But everybody continue to forget that we don't know how much she spends... maybe they don't provide enough if she has a bad year...
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #45
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw_fire
Y'all seem to be forgetting about her other sources of income i.e her TV show, book and software sales, appearance fees. I doubt she needs to have her portfolio provide any income, hence the zeros.
Regardless of her other sources of income, duration of her portfolio, or an other mitigating factor, Suze is stupid to have all her eggs in one basket. She is 55 and has achieved not only critical mass, but is by pretty much any standard rich. Given that she is likely to live another 30 or 40 years, and the TV business being notoriously fickle she should have a more diversified portfolio to protect her and her partners standard of living. An all bond portfolio has had a negative real return over 10,20, and 30 years periods on several ocassions and in some countries been absolutely devastated, in a few short years.

I'd be a lot more forgiving of her assets allocation if she was just another celebritity, but in theory she achieved her fame by giving people financial advice, if she is practicing what she preaches she is giving dangerous advice and if not she is a hypocrite. I've never liked her program much anyhow now I'll just laugh at her as I channel surf away.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHa
Wouldn't even have to change my sexual orientation.
Another lesbian trapped in a mans body...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #47
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
Another lesbian trapped in a mans body...
Ah now I understand the avatar. Is there a larger version of it available somewhere", I think her shoes are red, and just want to verify it.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Right here...wow...you're right!

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #49
Full time employment: Posting here.

I'm not a big fan of Suze Orman, although I admit to sometimes getting sucked into her program - she's kinda weird. But, I will share that my 23 year old daughter watched her special (probably on Public TV) and just ordered her book of Amazon. She is totally jazzed about following Suze's rules and getting her financial house in order.

I just smiled....it is the same advice I have given over the years (pay off your cc every month, pay yourself first, leverage your 401k, LBYM, etc). Basically ignored - so if Suze can get her attention and change some of her behaviors....I guess she's not all bad.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:58 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp
Ah now I understand the avatar. Is there a larger version of it available somewhere", I think her shoes are red, and just want to verify it.
You want them larger
teejayevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #51

The fact she gives advice but doesnt follow alot of it busts me up. At least she is militant about staying out of CC debit. Ill give her that.
Mwsinron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #52
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog
- she's kinda weird.
I agree, she gives me a slight case of the willies in a way I can't quite put my finger on. I think it might be the incredible size of her hair and how it magically hovers above her head.
runchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:40 PM   #53
Give me a forum ...

I think the bottom line for me is that I wouldnt be at all surprised if she just started shrieking random words, tearing out her hair and then attacking people at random

Old 03-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #54

Quote:
I think the bottom line for me is that I wouldnt be at all surprised if she just started shrieking random words, tearing out her hair and then attacking people at random

You post that like it's a bad thing.
sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:53 PM   #55
Give me a forum ...

Well it depends on who's in the room with her at the time, I guess...
Old 03-16-2007, 09:58 AM   #56
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Well it depends on who's in the room with her at the time, I guess...
She's proof that if you make the right connections, even untalented people can become mega-millionaires, which makes the US the best country in the world...........

There's a BUNCH of Hollywood folks that are like Suze Orman, but easier on the eyes..............

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:02 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude
She's proof that if you make the right connections, even untalented people can become mega-millionaires, which makes the US the best country in the world...........
Isn't making the right connections a talent in itself? I wish I were more predisposed that way.

But anyway, I know what you mean--her talent is not very much with giving financial advice but more with the networking.
flipstress is offline   Reply With Quote