Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-26-2015, 10:29 AM  
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWras View Post
Life was good at Megacorp. And then a GREAT middle manager quit.
Where did this manager go? If you enjoyed working under them, and they're off to another company, is there any chance you might be able to follow them and perform a similar role?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2015, 10:37 AM  
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAspen View Post
Where did this manager go? If you enjoyed working under them, and they're off to another company, is there any chance you might be able to follow them and perform a similar role?
That's a great question, LoneAspen. This manager jumped to a small company across the country. Actually, he was across the country already and we were remote. A relocation is not feasible for me, so nix that idea. Additionally, the staff they are hiring are local out there and are others from my Megacorp at that location. They have plenty of talent locally drifting.

This continued brain drain is another cup of crud in the BS bucket.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:50 AM  
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
This continued brain drain is another cup of crud in the BS bucket.
How big of this buck can you tolerate? It sounds like you are almost at the tipping point. If so, you may consider looking for another position elsewhere. However, grass may not be greener elsewhere. The amount of BS may be similar.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:33 PM  
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Ha, right now, my idea to stay in sync is for marital happiness. But I realized that may be a false idea in my mind. She may not care. We need to talk deeper about this.
I understand, and you are wise to be careful about this.

Ha
Old 07-26-2015, 01:13 PM  
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

JoeWras,
Think a few of us must have w*rked in the same insanity! My story is much like yours a great place that got stupid in the recession. When the new VP took over there were no management set deadlines! Instead an optimistic PM who knew nothing about the w*rk set a Target Date that quickly became a commitment.

I probably would have received a package, but I decided to transfer to a different area. Biggest mistake ever! Straight out of the frying pan into the fire. The group I went to sounded great, I had a lot of dealing with them before my xfer. What a group of idiots, there was a 73 yo guy with a bad marriage who was afraid of his wife and w*rked 80 hours a week to stay away from home. Dog gone if he wasn't happy with my OMY hours, the group picked up the attitude it went from bad to worse. I finally left about 6 months early.

Best wishes to you for the right answer in your situation.