Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-20-2015, 11:52 AM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

So I gave them a call. The person at the other end was not an adviser but told me the service was offered to anyone with a 401K there. They would be happy to discuss retirement/investment issues with TRP and to a lesser extent outside of TRP (mostly SS strategies). Didn't stick around for the adviser. They were suppose to send me an email with more info and a direct phone number for the advisers but so far no email.
ArkTinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2015, 12:23 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkTinkerer View Post
So I gave them a call. The person at the other end was not an adviser but told me the service was offered to anyone with a 401K there. They would be happy to discuss retirement/investment issues with TRP and to a lesser extent outside of TRP (mostly SS strategies). Didn't stick around for the adviser. They were suppose to send me an email with more info and a direct phone number for the advisers but so far no email.
It sometimes takes 'em a week or two to get back and set up a time. They usually devote a full hour or so with you so they're often backlogged.

I'm full-in with TRP and have had nothing but good experiences over 10+ years. Never been "sold" anything or felt pushed in any direction. They tend to lean more toward equities in a strategy vs bonds but it's up to you how to proceed.

With me, it's usually a matter of them pointing out if I'm keeping a good allocation or not.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:27 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Never got the impression it was involved enough to set up an appointment. More like you just called and they connected you with someone. I wonder if there are different levels of service tied to the company plan, your asset levels, etc.
ArkTinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:35 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkTinkerer View Post
Never got the impression it was involved enough to set up an appointment. More like you just called and they connected you with someone. I wonder if there are different levels of service tied to the company plan, your asset levels, etc.
Could be. I'm a HNW with them so it might work differently.