Talking to Vanguard today

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Moving just retired DW 403b variable annuity into new Vanguard account with AA to be decided later. She's 57, so we won't be taking any WD until 2018 or later.

Question on the Vanguard portfolio: Should we just set up an tIRA in simple couch potato, margarita or 4-square Scott Burns type portfolios using index funds and bonds? Or should we look into a Roth? Or both?

I'm hoping to keep things simple and only have to re-balance it once a year.

thanks for your input..

Moving just retired DW 403b variable annuity into new Vanguard account with AA to be decided later. She's 57, so we won't be taking any WD until 2018 or later.

Question on the Vanguard portfolio: Should we just set up an tIRA in simple couch potato, margarita or 4-square Scott Burns type portfolios using index funds and bonds? Or should we look into a Roth? Or both?

I'm hoping to keep things simple and only have to re-balance it once a year.

thanks for your input..

You can roll your 403b money into a rollover IRA or ROTH. Which you choose depends on you current and future tax rates.

I'd set up the tIRA now and then make annual conversions to a Roth as your tax and cash flow situations allow over the next 5 years (or more). I'm pretty sure you can move securities to the Roth, so annual conversion shouldn't make your annual balancing any more complicated.

I'd set up the tIRA now and then make annual conversions to a Roth as your tax and cash flow situations allow over the next 5 years (or more). I'm pretty sure you can move securities to the Roth, so annual conversion shouldn't make your annual balancing any more complicated.

+1

Back
Top Bottom