Originally Posted by Looking4Ward
Yeah, I'm starting to think simple would be best here and to just sell the VGELX shares, hold the cash for 31 days and then buy VGENX since I wouldn't have enough to get back in at admiral level. I'm probably wrong but I figure there isn't going to be much upwards movement in energy over the month or so anyway.
I'm curious what you finally decided to do and when. On 8/27, the day of your last post on this thread, VGELX ended the day at $83.37. After 31 days, the next trade day (9/28) VGELX ended the day at $77.61, another drop of 7%.
Switching to investor shares, VGENX on 9/28 was $41.34, and as of Wednesday (11/25), it was $46.93 or a gain of 13.5% from 9/28. If you did take the loss on 8/27 and re-invested on 9/28, you timed it pretty well!
Sorry, I was researching the concept of wash sales, and I came across your thread.