Taxable Income in Retirement?

The lower tax rates are only on stock dividends.
Bond dividends are still taxed at the same rate as Interest.

Am I right?
ww

Walkinwood said:
The lower tax rates are only on stock dividends.
Bond dividends are still taxed at the same rate as Interest.

Am I right?
ww

Yes

2B said:
So not only can two live as cheaply as one, their tax bracket is lower!  :D :D

Two can cost as much as four depending on who you marry!

madeit! said:
Two can cost as much as four depending on who you marry!

That's where the interview process should carefully evaluate the candidate. Plus, I know if I'm ever in the market again there would definitely be a solid prenup "to protect my children's inheritance."

An estimate of how family size and type affects budget has been developed by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. You can use the table below to consider cost of living changes along a typical family life cycle. The normalization basis for this table is a family of four (two adults and two children). All other budget entries represent the normalized funding required for the specified family to maintain an equivalent lifestyle to the base family. For a single young person prior to marriage the cost of living is 36% that of our normalized family of four. The cost of living for a married couple increases to 60% of the normalization base. When one child is added, the family budget is at 82% of the base. A second child puts the family at base budget level. A third child places the couple at 111.6% the cost of a family of four. For cases not shown in the table, the equivalence family budget can be roughly approximated using the expression

E = ((A+pK)^F)/2.751

where A is the number of adults in the family, K is the number of children, p=0.92 and F=0.75.

Equivalence Scale used by US Bureau of Labor Statistics. The equivalence scale is used to adjust financial thresholds for differences in household size and composition.
======================================
FAMILY TYPE . . . . . . BLS NORMALIZED FAMILY BUDGET
Single Adult - - - - - - - - - - - - 0.360
Two Adults- - - - - - - - - - - - - 0.600
Two Adults, One Child- - - - - 1.000
Two Adults, Three Children- - 1.116
One Adult, One Child- - - - - - 0.570
One Adult, Two Children- - - - 0.760

:)

Back
Top Bottom