Thank You ALL for the help on expatriate taxes

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Thank you all so much, especially NUN and Trirod for pointing me in the right direction. Your help was invaluable. The answer was right in front of me in
IRS Pub 54: Specifically says:

"If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and for paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad.

Your income, filing status, and age generally determine whether you must file an income tax return. Generally, you must file a return for 2012 if your gross income from worldwide sources is at least the amount shown for your filing status in the following table."

Plus thanks for the tip on Form 2555 - Foreign Income Exclusion. I am not sure whether it was NUN or Trirod that pointed this out to me but what an enormous time saver it is going to be for me having a heads up on it. This gives me the luxury of being able to read up on it and be prepared for it when I do her 2011 1040. I want to once again THANK EVERYONE for taking the time to give your responses. Hopefully all the discourse back and forth between us will help serve somebody else in the future. Mr. B

Back
Top Bottom