The Bucket List

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anybody seen it yet and care to comment ?

Question No. 2, what's in your bucket, sounds like a pretty neat concept.

bucket 1----7 YEARS WORTH cd's , money markets,bank accounts

bucket 2 7 YEARS WORTH

TIP ETF INFLATIONPROOF TREASURIES

UNLISTED REIT PAYING 8-1/4%

FIDELITY HIGH INCOME

FIDELITY NEW MARKET INCOME

SHY 1-3 YR TREASURYS
BND BOND INDEX
TLT LONG TERM BOND INDEX

BUCKET 3 GROWTH
ACTIVELY MANAGED MIX
GSG COMMODITIES
ICF REIT PUBLICLY TRADED
FIDELITY VALUE
FIDELITY EQUITY INCOME
FIDELITY SMALL CAP GROWTH
FIDELITY TOTAL INTERNATIONAL EQUITY
FIDELITY GROWTH CO

ETF MIX

PWB POWER SHARES LARGE CAP GROWTH
VTI VANGUARD TOTAL MARKET INDEX
IVV S&P 500 INDEX
PID POWER SHARES INTERNATION DIVIDEND ACHIEVERS

soon as rates p/u i intend to use equity index annuties guaranteed floor to enhance bucket 2 as well as an equity indexed variable annuity . although they make crappy stock investments they are perfect for enhancing income after expenses . . if rates drop the guaranteed rate plus the slight kicker if the market does well can raise bucket 1 by 1 to 1-1/2% with no real risk..

Not that many years after About Schmidt - ya think our boy is getting worried?

Just one for me - Saint's in the Superbowl or me and St Pete are gonna have a serious discussion - I might even start a protest movement up there.

Otherwise party till I puke - bogey till it's gone - to kayak or not to kayak that is the question - whether it is nobler in the mind to talk or paddle and thus stay healthy.

Doing nothing in particular every day still works for me.

heh heh heh - when it doesn't - well heck I'll just do something else!

I was thinking more along the lines of Dory's filling your "bucket full of b.s.";) I dont know if I would make a list for that..

Loved the movie, I highly recommend it.

Haven't really given my bucket list much thought. Probably would see Alaska again while I consider the possibilities:)

I haven't seen the movie although I probably will if only in video.
My list from 10 years ago still has visiting the Galapagos and Easter Island not checked off. I may scratch Easter Island - too spendy and I'm getting Ruined Out (as in seen enough ruins).
I'm working on a new list that includes figuring out which is a good warm place for snowbirding. As I get older my feet get a little less itchy.

What the he*$ is the OP on this thread about? I can understand Mathjak's confusion as this is the FIRE and Money forum and there was a reference to a "bucket 2"....

Audrey

What the he*$ is the OP on this thread about? I can understand Mathjak's confusion as this is the FIRE and Money forum and there was a reference to a "bucket 2"....

Audrey

Clean those glasses Audrey. There was no reference to "bucket 2." There were two questions and the second one was labeled "Question No. 2." ;)

Here, does this help? The Bucket List (2007)

Anybody seen it yet and care to comment ?

Question No. 2, what's in your bucket, sounds like a pretty neat concept.

I haven't seen the movie yet frayne, but plan to in the near future. I have read the reviews.

DW wife and I do a lot of different things and the contents of our "buckets" reflect that with a lot of variety and scope. We're city folks who love entertainment and traveling but also spend a lot of time with outdoorsy and wilderness pursuits. With the current portfolio killing bust going on in the markets, I have noticed our chats about future activities focus more on lower cost adventures.......... No real surprise there I guess. Still, it's hard to let go of plans to take DW to Asia where I spent a lot of time my last few years working, crappy markets or not! ;)

Great movie, two of the best actors around. DW cried her eyes out at the end, and even ol' Grizz had a lump in his throat.

As for my list, well it's kind of generic, but DW and I want to visit several places on the planet. Driving that Shelby did look fun though.

Great movie, two of the best actors around. DW cried her eyes out at the end, and even ol' Grizz had a lump in his throat.

As for my list, well it's kind of generic, but DW and I want to visit several places on the planet. Driving that Shelby did look fun though.
Aw, geezzz did they die in the end...haven't seen the movie, but probably won't until it comes out in DVD. Saw the trailer and it looks like it will be good.

Q 2. Filled up our bucket years ago and have spent the past 12 ticking off a lot of the items...what's left...Africa, but it looks like it will probably be a tour thing which makes it less attractive to me. Then there's Australia, plan to go for 6 months if we can figure out what to do with the dog...DH is miffed that they are not very pet friendly and Scooby's probably got another 10 years left in him. We are thinking about spending a couple of months next winter in Mexico. Maybe another summer in Alaska. If we ever settle down long enough, I'd like to take a class in water colors. Don't know that I'll ever get down to the bottom...keep adding to it.:)

wow i did all that typing and it was a reference to a movie, ha ha ha

Clean those glasses Audrey. There was no reference to "bucket 2." There were two questions and the second one was labeled "Question No. 2." ;)
Ooops! You're right - my glasses were dirty, my eyes bleary. Too late at night!....

Audrey

wow i did all that typing and it was a reference to a movie, ha ha ha

Don't feel bad. I thought the same thing. I don't go to movies so I wasn't familiar with the title. I will see it whenever it appears on AMC, TBS, TNT or some other channel.

I not only follow the 100 rule but the 'cheap old bastard rule'. Except when it comes to golf. :cool:

Don't feel bad. I thought the same thing. I don't go to movies so I wasn't familiar with the title. I will see it whenever it appears on AMC, TBS, TNT or some other channel.

I not only follow the 100 rule but the 'cheap old bastard rule'. Except when it comes to golf. :cool:

Dawg, no need to think you can use your COB rule to get out of this one! Try your local library! Most of them have audio tapes and cds, and VHS tapes and DVDs for checkout for FREE!

And sometimes they'll even have a few recent releases (I checked out Pirates of the Caribbean @ World's End a few weeks ago, not long after it came out on DVD)...

Timely question, as we saw the movie today, and loved it. A local movie theater here has a senior special of 2.65 per ticket, even for first run movies.
As to my bucket, since ER was on the top of the list, I can now scratch that one off. I have a similar list to Jack Nicholson, but don't have the private jet to get there. And I have to wonder how they got permission to ride that motorcycle on the great wall. his assistance is worth his salary and then some.
I also agree with the final sentiments for Jack, "it was illegal" - the ultimate list topper.

Dawg, no need to think you can use your COB rule to get out of this one! Try your local library! Most of them have audio tapes and cds, and VHS tapes and DVDs for checkout for FREE!

And sometimes they'll even have a few recent releases (I checked out Pirates of the Caribbean @ World's End a few weeks ago, not long after it came out on DVD)...

Hey good tip. I'll look into it.
:)

I saw the Bucket List yesterday and really enjoyed it. My twelve year old son did not. I think the theme and ideas were just a bit beyond a twelve year old. I think this movie will strike a chord with a lot of ER types.

Back
Top Bottom