The Cost of Healthcare.

bugs8

Confused about dryer sheets
New here and I am really enjoying all the topics. Thanks to all of you for being here. I'll go post my story when I have time...very long. I have a burning question. How do I estimate what health care will cost me in retirement?
I have a lot to learn!

One thing I noticed. Moving from CA to Tx would save us alot in health care insurance during retirement. I still dont know why. You would think all the scorpions,tornadoes,hurricanes,floods,firedevilants,e bolas would raise the rates.

Mwsinron said:
I still dont know why. You would think all the scorpions, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, firedevilants, e bolas would raise the rates.

Nah. All those things shorten your lifespan (or make you wish it was shorter), and health coverage stops when you're dead.

REWahoo! said:
Nah. All those things shorten your lifespan (or make you wish it was shorter), and health coverage stops when you're dead.

I have to laugh. The first time DW and I visited Texas for a family gig. We were getting ready for pre wedding ceremony. She happened to be standing on a fire ant hill. I still chuckle to myself about it. :D

brewer12345 said:
This will depend greatly on your state as well as your demographic info. For a start, go get a quote at www.ehealthinsurance.com

I'm currently 48 and I ask for a quote for a 60 yr old. Expensive..this changes my planning. This is the number one cost that I'm worried about in retirement. I'm sure I am not alone. :'(

Healtcare is a major issue. Some of the people on this board are lucky enough to have employer paid health care. That is the best way. Others use a high deductable catastrophic plan. (Do a search on this board for health insurance.) Others go to countries where costs are lower.

It doesn't get a lot better when you turn 65. Fido estimates that a retired couple (65) on medicare will spend about 200k on health care at current rates and their calculator uses a 7% CPI for health care.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom