The Incredible Shrinking Alpha (new Swedroe book) - anyone read it already?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just wondering if they've plowed new ground, or just new reinforcements?
Offering compelling data from decades of academic research, Swedroe and Berkin present the hard truth as they know it — it's not worth the time or effort spent battling to win those few extra cake crumbs. Instead, focus on the things you can control and discover what life has to offer beyond the quest for alpha.

"Swedroe and Berkin provide a concise treatment of the research passive and active investors (both individual and institutional and also financial advisors) need to become more successful. This treatment also appeals to college finance students seeking to gain a better understanding of passive versus active investing, along with 'the correct answers.' The authors enable investors seeking to 'generate real alpha' to understand that passive investing is increasingly the correct approach, while active investing is just the opposite."

— John Haslem, Professor Emeritus of Finance, University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business and Editor/Author of Mutual Funds: Portfolio Structures, Analysis, Management, and Stewardship

"If you think you can beat the market, you need to read this wise book. Swedroe and Berkin show that whatever superior investment performance you may achieve is fully accounted for by the risks you are taking with your money and even risk compensation may be shrinking as well. But there are things you can do, and the authors suggest a number of sensible strategies to improve investment results."

— Burton Malkiel, Author of A Random Walk Down Wall Street

Attachments

• 71DQH97J5nL.jpg
    71DQH97J5nL.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom