"The Invested Life"

RonBoyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Does anyone plan on watching this? (I am not a big fan of watching "Reality" type shows but am always interested in hearing about the "results.")

Financial Advice Made for the Internet Age

The show, called “The Invested Life,” pairs consumers in various life stages with independent financial advisers — not TD Ameritrade employees — who coach them on subjects like retirement, taxes, real estate, managing debt, saving for college and, of course, investing.
“The Invested Life” episodes will be accompanied by blog posts, video clips and online materials to help the audience with their own personal financial needs.
Mr. Scott likened “The Invested Life” to “ ‘The Real World’ in Suze Orman’s house,” invoking the MTV reality series and the financial adviser.

“Or if you want to elevator pitch it,” Mr. Scott said, “it’s ‘Extreme Makeover: Finance Edition.’ ”

Well, it's advertising so that makes me cautious and not very inclined to watch. But the idea is interesting, and on the web it will be easy to watch when it's convenient.

If it's not too horrible I might watch it with the kids so they can get another perspective.

It would be interesting to see the people who go on the show--I wonder if they are offered some compensation in return for revealing their finances to the world (and their financial faux pas, which will be the interesting part of the show). And the financial advisers could be interesting to see, too (it will be as close as I'll ever get to hearing financial advisors advising).

It would be interesting to see the people who go on the show--I wonder if they are offered some compensation in return for revealing their finances to the world (and their financial faux pas, which will be the interesting part of the show). And the financial advisers could be interesting to see, too (it will be as close as I'll ever get to hearing financial advisors advising).
Oboy, sounds like Suze Orman's show with more drama...

Sounds like an infomercial -aka advertising - aka trying to sell you stuff.

Sounds like an infomercial -aka advertising - aka trying to sell you stuff.

Well, duh! The current "Survivor" show is nothing more than an infomercial for Nicaragua... not to mention the products that periodically show up. Yet, who would notice.

My casting call is next week..........;):LOL:

Just watched this ad for it. This looks kinda boring. At least Suze is entertaining when she says "denied".

Well, duh! The current "Survivor" show is nothing more than an infomercial for Nicaragua... not to mention the products that periodically show up. Yet, who would notice.
I'm sure that the Hawaii Visitors & Conventions Board would be quite happy to host the next season of "Survivor: Nanakuli"...

I'm guessing that the target audience of "The Invested Life" has a financial knowledge level below that of the average forum member here.

I'm guessing that the target audience of "The Invested Life" has a financial knowledge level below that of the average forum member here.

I'd guess somewhere between the average forum member and the average Suze Orman viewer.

Back
Top Bottom