The last .1 percent!!

steadystate

Recycles dryer sheets
December, working half time, is the remainder of my corporate working life. Ten more working days, then pull the plug! Anxious and happy at the same time. Nest egg hit 2.99 megabucks. No pension, but big social security, and an insanely appreciating Seattle house. Wish us luck!! :greetings10:

December, working half time, is the remainder of my corporate working life. Ten more working days, then pull the plug! Anxious and happy at the same time. Nest egg hit 2.99 megabucks. No pension, but big social security, and an insanely appreciating Seattle house. Wish us luck!! :greetings10:
Nice work Jeff, I'm just south of you in Auburn. No more work for me after the end of the year. I don't have your sweet nest egg but I've got a couple pensions. Best of luck to you in the next phase of your life.

Rob

Happy for you and good luck. So you got it all figured out like your WR and at what age you are taking SS etc.?

Happy for you and good luck. So you got it all figured out like your WR and at what age you are taking SS etc.?

I hope we figured it out correctly! In a nutshell:

• Me: 61, DW: 65
  • 3.0M nestegg
  • 1.1M house
  • SS start age 70 both of us, 60k/year combined
  • 6k/year mini pension non COLA
  • no debts, own house, kids both college grads
  • one high maintenance terrier :)
FIDO calculator says we're good for about 10k/month

Congrats! I love the 0.1% calculation. I was hoping I was under 1%, but turns out I'm at 1.1%. That's pretty close, I'm not too far behind ya.

I hope we figured it out correctly! In a nutshell:

• Me: 61, DW: 65
  • 3.0M nestegg
  • 1.1M house
  • SS start age 70 both of us, 60k/year combined
  • 6k/year mini pension non COLA
  • no debts, own house, kids both college grads
  • one high maintenance terrier :)
FIDO calculator says we're good for about 10k/month

Our numbers are somewhat similar except for the house, and DW and I are a few years younger.

Your post serves as a little more encouragement for me to pull the plug.

Congrats and enjoy!

Our numbers are somewhat similar except for the house, and DW and I are a few years younger.

Your post serves as a little more encouragement for me to pull the plug.

Congrats and enjoy!

Regardless of the numbers, I am quite anxious as the date approaches, and find it almost impossible to focus at work! (8 more days ... tick-tock-tick-tock)

Congrats! I am a few months behind you. I am very anxious also.
But reading this forum has really helped. I don't see many "wish I had waited" posts.
Cheers!

Congrats Jeff! I assume the monthly cash flow will cover your expenses. If so, you're golden! Enjoy and keep us posted on the transition, etc.:)

Back
Top Bottom