There is no God but God, and no safe

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
investment other than short duration high quality fixed income securities.

All else is speculation, either deliberate or unconscious.

Allocations are derived from the catechism of Bernstein and Bogle, and based on correlations derived from inadequate data sets.

Absolute value is the only path of deliverance from this sea of misery.

ha

PS: Forgive the bombast, I just finished my weight lifting and I need some bobcats to wrestle. I'll go cut grass now, and I'll be all mellow again by nightfall.

Ha

The best investment is in yourself. Nothing else has the potential yield, even if you lose money on your investment. Forget all this nonsense about passive investments and take control of your destiny.

And another thing. Wait, I need to mow the lawn too.

Today the lawn - tomorrow:confused:?

WAIT! - I don't have a lawn, Heh, heh, heh - and it rained today and is supposed to tomorrow.

Speculation? Perhaps to fire up my 'almost commercial size' weedwhacker/metal blade machine and thin some of the 8 foot swamp cane hanging over into the driveway.

Perhaps? Hmmm - maybe sat. - weather permitting.

I speculate - perhaps I might do it.

The title of this thread reminds me of an old Vince Lombardi joke.

A very cold night in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Vince's wife (Marie)
says to Vince "God, your feet are cold!" To which he replies....
"You can call me Vince when we're in bed!" :)

I have no idea who cut his grass.

JG

How do you guys ever get away with this? All my life I wanted to be like an African tribesman, saving my strength for sex, with 5 or 6 wives out somewhere hoeing sweet potatoes. Never could make it happen.  :)

Ha

HaHa said:
How do you guys ever get away with this?
Oh, believe me, I ain't gettin' away with nuttin.  

I worked a golf course during high school.  When we married, in return for never again having to mow a blade of grass, I agreed to handle all of our yard's sprinkler repairs (and to ensure that play stayed up to speed).  

I also cook half the meals, keep the kitchen clean, program all the VCRs for spouse's TV viewing, and fix whatever's broke.  I'm also the designated bug-killer and the "It's small, dark, & stinky in there so you take care of it" guy.  And I do all the sewing.  

I was able to outsource dishwasher & trash to our kid.  She also likes to cook.

Spouse does her half of the cooking (whatever we can't sluff off on our kid), mops/vacuums all the floors, and deals with the kid's room when necessary.  She's also in charge of all decor & tile grout.

Sounds like the Navy. Maybe rather than retiring, you just moved your theater of operations?

Ha

Greg does all the cooking.

I like yard work (putzing with flowers), but he does most of the mowing and all the weed wacking. If I mow, he starts the mower for me.

It is a good life.

Martha said:

I like yard work (putzing with flowers), but he does most of the mowing and all the weed wacking. If I mow, he starts the mower for me.

It is a good life.

So why don't you take me out to dinner tonite--and show me a good time?

--Greg

HaHa said:
Sounds like the Navy. Maybe rather than retiring, you just moved your theater of operations? Ha
Same stuff, different CO...

Martha said:
Sure, if all your chores are done. :-*

Ok, Ozzie and Harriet. ;)
Anyone for some cold milk and chocolate chip cookies. :)

Question...

What's mowing?

I think it's the sound one of our Ragdoll Cats make when the feeder gets low, but I'm not sure. I'll ask her and get back to you.

Martha said:

I like yard work (putzing with flowers...
BTW Martha, what type of iris is in your avatar? And did you grow that one yourself?

Bookm

Bookm said:
BTW Martha, what type of iris is in your avatar? And did you grow that one yourself?

Bookm

The iris is a bearded iris growing in my flower beds, but it is one a tenant planted. I love the color, don't know its name.

img_317636_0_1234aeac14534112d61ea7767e84f642.jpg

Martha said:
Bum, you sure are smart ass lately, since you retired. :D

That's a good thing.

It is a good thing, not to take yourself too seriously. I've been called a smart ass before and a dumb ass. Not sure which fits best. Logically, ass either way.

HEEHAW

Back
Top Bottom