Thinking Money~Behavioral Economics

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Dave Coyne and FINRA have produced a pretty sweet video for PBS that I recently viewed. It's all about a subject near and dear to the hearts of many folks that post here~ Behavioral Economics.

The part that I liked best is about half way thru and discusses what he calls the "McGurk-McDonald effect". However there are many excellent points throughout the production.

This recently played on PBS and I have saved the DVR and will view it again in the future.

Thinking Money: The Psychology Behind our Best and Worst Financial Decisions | Station Relations | MPT

Looks good. I took an online course about behavioral economics with Duke's Dan Ariely. It was interesting.

Looks worth watching - thanks for the link!

Looks good. I took an online course about behavioral economics with Duke's Dan Ariely. It was interesting.

Met Dan Ariely at, of all places, Burning Man. He presented a great lecture, kept in contact by email for a while. His book Predictably Irrational is a good read, we discussed it at a local Bogleheads meeting too. I love behavioral economics but it seems mostly to benefit marketing & sales (and avoiding sales offers), I have not found much to be actionable in my investing life.

Back
Top Bottom