This will certainly be a big help in long-term planning

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
http://www.deathclock.com/

No more need to project your time horizon for 20-30 years when this site can tell you the exact date of your death. My DOD is Sunday Aug, 19, 2018.

I need to pick up my spending rate quite a bit as I have to get it all spent in a bit less than 12 years!

My adjusted plans are to now buy two new Corvettes next week!

Tuesday, September 3, 2058, a month before my 98th birthday.

This website must be raking in the AdSense bucks by the wheelbarrowful...

I died 16 years ago. I wish someone would have told me...

The biggest effect was changing the mode setting. Normal was RIP @ 74. That is the earliest I have seen for any sort of weblife calculator, bogus or not. BMI had to be over 30 to have any effect.

So I guess I still have time to buy some of that cheap real estate in Bulgaria (saw that up in the ad box on this website!).

Now who wants to create an 'Incapacitated Clock?' :LOL:

mickeyd said:
Sorry to hear that Nords, do you really think that you can stretch your stash out for that long a period?
I'm pretty sure that my spouse will take it as a personal challenge!

She knows that my pension checks stop when I do...

WOW.... lost 19 years when I went from optimistic to 'normal'...

Didn't want to see what pessimistic would do!!!!

Dang.... couldn't stop.... being SADISTIC... I am dead... and have been a few years...

I have until Saturday 10/13/63 - 98 Years, 11 months and 6 days.

The weather forecast: Partly cloudy and warm early on then get dark real quick.

Looking forward to another 56 years of chatting with you folks on this forum!

I went for optimistic - 47 years to go, until age 92. Which is pretty common on both sides of my family. As is cancer, unfortunately.

Or as my cousin tells his doctor "forget the high blood pressure, we all die of cancer".

6-22-2018, makes me 73. That is a bit short of what I would guess/prefer,
but I'd settle for i if I could count on it and was healthy right to the end.

JG

I get to stay around until I am 88 (but on a better life expectancy calculator which forecast a median age of 89.5, the 25th percentile was 84 and 75th was 96) so I may be a little cautious about trying to spend my last $ when I'm 88.

Yikes 2032!!! I need to lower my BMI or up my SWR by a couple thousand percent.

Mach1

I thought maybe I messed up so I retook it. Same result. I could
certainly see that date if they had more info, but a non-smoker with a
BMI of 22?
I may go Corvette shopping also. :)

JG

Mach1 said:
Yikes 2032!!! I need to lower my BMI or up my SWR by a couple thousand percent.

Mach1

I already upped my SWR after I decided to delay SS to age 70 ;)

This little calculator is only based on averages. I think those of us on this forum that are always planning on the worst case scenario usually plug in lifespans to 100. But in reality most of us will expire in our 70's. Seeing this, may come as a bit of a shock. Life is a lot shorter than you think!

Don't save living for your 80's - You probably won't make it that far and if you do, it won't be that fun! :-\

CT is right on the money.

How about we all have a pact to meet at Nords funeral in 2058. :D

At birth life expectancy may be in your 70's

However, life expectancy for someone who has made it to 65 is not 10 years. I believe that the life expectancy of someone in moderately good health at 65 is 20-25 years.

Here's a fun little calculator to help you decide when that day will be, based on your lifestyle and health:

http://www.nmfn.com/tn/learnctr--lifeevents--longevity

Hey, I'm pretty smart. I've been doing all my planning with a life expectancy of 85. The "clock" has me checking out at 83. It's nice to know I've been a little conservative.

MasterBlaster said:

However, life expectancy for someone who has made it to 65 is not 10 years. I believe that the life expectancy of someone in moderately good health at 65 is 20-25 years.

Here's a fun little calculator to help you decide when that day will be, based on your lifestyle and health:

The age of most people on this forum is well below Age 65!

Well, the point I was trying to make is that for almost everyone who posts here, their life expectancy is greater than the mid 70's.

Therefore they should plan for a lifespan accordingly.

From the IRS lifespan tables:

a 50 year old has an expected lifespan to 84.2
a 55 year old has an expected lifespan to 84.6
a 60 year old has an expected lifespan to 85.2
a 65 year old has an expected lifespan to 86.0

Note that that is the median expected lifespan. You may want to pad that by 5 years or so just in case you life longer than average.

MasterBlaster said:
Well, the point I was trying to make is that for almost everyone who posts here, their life expectancy is greater than the mid 70's.

Therefore they should plan for a lifespan accordingly.

Agreed! - I still plan on a lifespan to age 100. - But I plan to live like I was going to die at age 80!

Texas Proud said:
WOW.... lost 19 years when I went from optimistic to 'normal'...

Didn't want to see what pessimistic would do!!!!

Dang.... couldn't stop.... being SADISTIC... I am dead... and have been a few years...

Where this website got it right is providing extra years for optimism. Worry and stress will definitely shorten your life if not kill you.

Be happy and live a long life! :D

MasterBlaster said:

87 here... 30 yrs from now

Due to advancements in medicine - drugs and surgical procedures - as time goes on the llife expectancy will increase. So the longer you survive, the longer you can expect to live, and the less relevant today's death clock will be. Don't spend the whole stash too soon! :D

73ss454 said:
How about we all have a pact to meet at Nords funeral in 2058. :D
Sorry, everything's going to be donated to medical science or composted... we tell our kid that we don't care what she does with the leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom