Thrifty Gal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were not already married -- and too old -- I would like to marry this girl!

This lady was already discussed in an earlier thread just a few days ago, but darned if I can find it............

Funny positive comments for an attractive lady retiring with 24K per year versus negative comments for a reddit young man retiring on 24K per year on similar amounts of funds. Thrifty gal versus is this guy crazy LOL

Funny positive comments for an attractive lady retiring with 24K per year versus negative comments for a reddit young man retiring on 24K per year on similar amounts of funds. Thrifty gal versus is this guy crazy LOL

The obvious difference is that she's has a blog. So she's not really retired. :)

There are many advantages a woman has over a guy in this situation. If $24K is not enough, she can always get a sugar daddy. At least for the next ~12 years or so. Of course, as a single female, the world is a bit more dangerous.

A guy has a more difficult time gaining a more affluent partner, but might be safer in a lower income area with less of a chance to look like 'prey'.

Either way, $24K might seem great at 33, but at 70 maybe not. For either, there is the possibility of many forms of public assistance. Less choices, but the basic needs are met.

She also doesn't have bitcoin "investments" and heavily real estates concentration, so there's that. But yeah, thrifty or crazy, funny how that goes depending on perspective.

I'm a bit more worried though about these types of individuals in terms of social support. Moving around all the time can be a killer.

There are many advantages a woman has over a guy in this situation. If $24K is not enough, she can always get a sugar daddy. At least for the next ~12 years or so. Of course, as a single female, the world is a bit more dangerous.

A guy has a more difficult time gaining a more affluent partner, but might be safer in a lower income area with less of a chance to look like 'prey'.

Either way, $24K might seem great at 33, but at 70 maybe not. For either, there is the possibility of many forms of public assistance. Less choices, but the basic needs are met.

Senator that generalization is so stereotypical and insulting... Oh, ok, I confess you just described me 25 years ago! When my "T" level in my 20s was considerably higher they only needed to be hot, dollars didn't matter. Now if I ever needed a new GF, more balance between financial stability and physical attractiveness would definitely be needed. Financial stability has a certain "sexiness" now to me that didn't register on me back in the younger days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senator, have to double down on that - "can always get a sugar daddy" and "many advantages over a guy".... not many women reading this would agree with you.

Given she probably earned less than her male colleagues to get there, and would have a far harder time returning to work as a single 35 year old with a 7 year gap, than a male in the same situation...And those global travels as a single woman have more than a "bit" more danger to them vs. a man.

If she were unfit and unattractive, the overall comments might be a bit different from everyone as well.

Anyhoo, stopping that young to live on $24k per year seems to be cutting it close for any gender!

Senator, have to double down on that - "can always get a sugar daddy" and "many advantages over a guy".... not many women reading this would agree with you.

Given she probably earned less than her male colleagues to get there, and would have a far harder time returning to work as a single 35 year old with a 7 year gap, than a male in the same situation...And those global travels as a single woman have more than a "bit" more danger to them vs. a man.

If she were unfit and unattractive, the overall comments might be a bit different from everyone as well.

Anyhoo, stopping that young to live on $24k per year seems to be cutting it close for any gender!

+1

I thought she was attractive enough to get a sugar daddy. Do you not think she is attractive enough to get a sugar daddy?

I thought she was attractive enough to get a sugar daddy. Do you not think she is attractive enough to get a sugar daddy?

Please stop making sexist comments, Senator. Some of us find this quite offensive.

BTW! Congratulations on your retirement.

Please stop making sexist comments, Senator. Some of us find this quite offensive.

BTW! Congratulations on your retirement.

Thank you for the congratulations!

I am not making sexist comments, just pointing out that it is an option for her. There are many people that marry others for financial security. Both men and women. Looks and attractiveness play a major role in mate selection. It biological. Better looking and younger people have better options.

Anytime a person does not want to date or marry someone because of their looks, criminal record or financial stability, they are making the same judgments.

I am not making sexist comments, just pointing out that it is an option for her.

Actually, you are.

Of course, the whole point of the article, and this thread, is thrift, and the ability to maintain a particular lifestyle while rejecting a traditional approach.

Senator, it's puzzling that you don't realize your comments are sexist, but the short answer is:

Anytime you make an assumption that "because she's a girl" - that's sexist, more so if it's based on looks. Your specific mention of her option is about 2 steps away from suggesting she could also take up stripping or whoring. "find a guy to get money from" =same thing, that's what a sugar daddy is in 2016.

I'll give you some other examples:
Give a higher raise to Jim than Jane, because he has to support his whole family
Give the promotion to Jim, Jane has kids and probably can't take on the responsibility
Give the training course and travel to Jim, Jane probably can't spend that much time away from home
Layoff Jane not Jim, Jane's husband can support her
Jane probably got that new job because she's good-looking

All things many people have said and thought, without considering themselves sexist. Still sexist.

Last edited:
I think that sexist comments are horrible! In fact the very concept of sex or gender is suspect in my opinion! The words man and woman should be stricken from the set of tolerated language.

Ha

The issue is stereotyping.

How would you gentlemen feel if I started referring to men, in general, as testosterone-crazed rapists? Would you not feel somewhat offended? You should.

How would you gentlemen feel if I started referring to men, in general, as testosterone-crazed rapists? Would you not feel somewhat offended? You should.

what's testosterone :eek:

j/k yes I'd be offended

That is as interesting comparison, and a sexist look at our criminal justice system.

This thread and my opinion about a thrifty girls options, compared to a thrifty guys options, is not sexist. If you think it is sexist, you are putting your western opinions over much of the rest of the worlds opinions. If you would say a guy can always work a hard labor construction job, that is just as sexist.

I am sure you will agree with the statistics that women on average, make less than men. Women make only 77% of what a guy makes are some numbers I have heard.

On a random hetero basis, that means that a guy will marry a woman making 23% less money, and a girl will marry a guy making 23% more. Comparing the two people, this girl and the guy from the other thread, the girl stands a better chance of getting a higher level of financial stability by getting married or living with a male. Either way, the girl stands a better chance to improve her condition.

People, both men and women, live with the others for financial stability all the time. If instead of getting a “sugar daddy”, I would have said she can marry a financially stable guy if she needs to, that would somehow be better? Or she can fall in love with a European shipping magnate, become a trophy wife, and live happily ever after, if her financial situation goes awry.

Or I could have said she could get a job and put in 40 hours a week working away her hours… Is that any less being pimped out as a worker for a fortune 500 company than a trophy wife?

People make financial decisions all the time and get involved, get married or not, based on finances. I would guess that most people include or exclude individuals based on some sort of criteria initially.

You could even argue the fact the women live longer than men is a sexist allocation of healthcare resources...

That would offend me if you implied I was a rapist.

FWIW! My reaction to the article was to wonder how long it would last before this 30-something would wish for home comforts and return to the US to resume the practice of law.

I don't think she is living on $1500 a month while seeing those places. There is no substance to that claim in the puff piece. Maybe a one/two bedroom condo in suburban Chicago. But not much of an article then.

Young women can be pole dancers and young men can be waiters, but such discussions do not belong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom