Trouble Ahead???

Your posts on this subject seem to suggest that there was not a credit bubble that burst

This will mark my 2,314 post here. In all of those posts I defy you to find one where I said, or even implied, such a thing. I guess reading comprehension skills aren't a job requirement to be a managing director at a bulge bracket investment bank. Makes sense, now that I think of it.

Still, I hope it guides your investments to shorten the “Yrs. To Go” to your retirement. I have my doubts, but there it is…

In the coming weeks . . . Yrs to Go will be changed to Gone4Good (assuming it is not already taken). I'm 38. I guess knowing what the h €!! you're talking about isn't a requirement to be an investment banking MD either. That makes sense too.

Have a nice day.

Click on the miscreant's profile. Choose the User Lists dropdown and select Ignore list. Confirm when asked. Voila, no more LARS, tinfoilsteve, *****, etc.

I have to say you are quick on the draw but rarely misfire.

As I recently read in a book by one of my fave authors:

"If you don't have anything good to say about someone, say it to me." ;)

Well, my wife quoted it to me a little differently (say nothing at all) but this kept me out of a lot of trouble when I could catch myself before opening mouth.:LOL:
Steve

I know. I know. Not living up to my Curmudgeon certificate.

But I'm with FUEGO given I'm mostly full auto(with retirement money) and in my 16th year of ER.

Perhaps I'll get more jumpy as we approach the Superbowl.

Those Vanguard computers balancing my 'balanced index' don't even have sexy cheerleaders or anything. Must be an electron thing.

I do have a few good stocks for medicinal purposes - to keep the hormones in check.

heh heh heh - over 43 years of investing - hindsight says the less I did - including thinking and watching - the better I did. :greetings10:

I do reserve the right to get grumpy later. :ROFLMAO:. Maybe even toss in a pssst-Wellesley as a reminder.

Ouch:(

Im holding unless we get a rally then Im selling...

Plan B is to become a real cheap bastard;)

Im holding unless we get a rally then Im selling...
Define "rally."

Since the March 2009 bottom, despite the recent crappy market we're still *way* up. If you've ridden your current holdings up from that bottom, there's still plenty of time to take some off the table with big gains off the low of 11 months ago. In that sense, over a 12-month chart we are still in "rally" mode. In the last month, not so much.

Frankly, I took some off when the Dow hit 10,000 and am only a little more than 50% in equities now.

I pulled all of my money out at the top (january 20) after a tidy profit, 100% short term bonds

I think we could see a little rally between now and the end of March to somewhere near the highs of this year...

I bought most of my stocks at 8150 DOW last year and some more a bit lower...

I still can't figure out why utilities are getting hammered:(

I bought more TIPS, short INV grade and short term bond index this morning.

I was expecting a down day today but this sucks:(

While Im holding out hope, it sure don't look good from where Im sitting:nonono:

Id hate to be a gold guy today;)

JMO, but it sounds to me like you are paying too much attention to the daily mood swings of Mr. Market. Are you a day trader? Or just a DMT? Who cares about this stuff? 10000 today, 10500 tomorrow, 9800 the next day. Who cares? Unless you have particular reasons to be buying and/or selling right now I think you'd get more value out of seeing who is sleeping with who's spouse on the daytime trash tv shows.

JMO, but it sounds to me like you are paying too much attention to the daily mood swings of Mr. Market. Are you a day trader? Or just a DMT? Who cares about this stuff? 10000 today, 10500 tomorrow, 9800 the next day. Who cares? Unless you have particular reasons to be buying and/or selling right now I think you'd get more value out of seeing who is sleeping with who's spouse on the daytime trash tv shows.
I seem to recall a lot of statements like this (and many a lot worse) aimed at those who were scared and pulling out of the market in the summer and fall of 2007.

I seem to recall a lot of statements like this (and many a lot worse) aimed at those who were scared and pulling out of the market in the summer and fall of 2007.

Maybe so. I have no problem with anybody who wants to pull out. Or pull in, for that matter. I'm just saying that reacting to small market swings isn't a very relaxing way to live life. If you think the market is overvalued (like I do), sell, sell, sell! And then when it's going to go back up buy, buy, buy! I'm sure the rhythm method works just as well for investing as it does for birth control. :angel:

No day trader:LOL:

Worried:confused:

How about scared shitless:hide:

Everything is overpriced....

There are lot's of things to worry about these days...

I have a bad feeling Im usually right about and I trust my gut:(

Back
Top Bottom