Trust Fund Baby sites?

Jarhead* said:
TH, (), Cute Fuzzy Bunny, Cute Fuzzy Bulldog:

Just so you know.  I'm the one that put that key scratch on your Lexus.  (It was easy to spot in Yuba City). :D

Love, Jarhead

Oh crap  :eek: :eek:
Then whose Lexus did I scratch in Yuba City :confused::confused:??

REWahoo! said:
It has been my experience that those trying to "find themselves" couldn't find their a** with both hands tied behind their back.  But then I've always known where "I" was... ;)

I "found" myself years ago, but was threatened by the theory that I would go blind if I continued.

Soldiering on until I needed eye glasses seemed a good compromise.

When a half a millenia or more is involved, is it still appropriate to talk about it in terms of "years"...? ;)

astromeria said:
I have an acquaintance who inherited a couple million. She doesn't work, is building a big semi-custom waterfront home, and got a bunch of cosmetic work done (face lift, botox, pumped-up lips, boob job, tummy tuck). My brother stopped dating her becasue she was so emotionally needy (cried whenever he wanted to spend an evening alone, resetned him not taking off from his small business upon her whim)--and he was turned off by the changes in her body (and the fact that she called me twice in tears because he wasn;t her love slave-). Last we heard, she's dating someone she met on the internet. Not that there's anything wrong with that  ::)

Geeeez, sounds too good to be true. Got a contact number?

Be careful what you wish for--you could double your troubles in a heartbeat!

fireme said:
There are quite a few "perpetual travellers" who live off their trust funds while they try to find themselves.

Berkeley and other psuedo-hippy hangouts in the Bay Area are also filled with trust fund kiddies that don't have private jets. I'm interested in the search for purpose and drive in life when meeting your essential needs (food, shelter, etc) is no longer an issue.

The purpose and drive in life for the trust-fund-baby set that I've met (and you meet plenty in Manhattan) seem to be to spend Daddy's money and enjoy life, all the while pretending that they're on some deep quest to find meaning in their lives. And no, we don't have to be talking about private jets - lots of trust fund babies like to "slum it" in a psuedo-bohemia. :)

Honestly, what you - a successful saver and seemingly fortunate but hard working guy - expect to learn from a bunch of adult children who never had to work for the same stuff you have worked for is beyond me.

Meeting my essential needs is no longer an issue - and it's not an issue for most people in the U.S. either. It all depends on what your definition of "essential" is.

I'd suggest looking to people who are volunteering and trying to make a difference in some way (Peace Corps, Doctors Without Borders, NGOs, etc.) rather than to the trust-fund-baby set if you're looking for clues about finding a purpose and a drive in life other than making money.

Besides - the trust-fund-babies are probably too busy finding themselves to bother starting or contributing to an online forum ... that would be too much work! ;)

Whatever happened to "men of property" (the trust fund babies of their day) like Antoine Lavoisier devoting their lives to science, philosophy, the arts, public works?

Maybe I shouldn't talk--Im only giving 5 hours a week to my local hospital...but then I'm not a genius :cool:

CybrMike said:
forget trust fund people, who the hell wants to chat with people that didn't have to work for it. Plus, @ 40K per year, your nowhere near the trust fund baby league.

BTW, I'm 24 with a child on the way and am pretty much retired, although I technically still work ;) if for no other reason than the fact that I can't "really" be retired at 24.

Wow, how'd ya do that (retire @ 24) if you don't mind....

Back
Top Bottom