Trying to build a position in VWINX

almost there

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So far I only have 1/6 of the position I am trying to build in VWINX.
Thoughts on this? Its going to be held for a very long time so I am not in a hurry. To just jump in, or average in over time? The funds are in a money market account so no rush / selling involved. As its 60/40 its not easy to see how its going to close. Even thought about setting up an auto dep. every month from the website. But its not an easy thing for me to do.
(For some reason I still like buying on down days) LOL LOL
What would you do?
Thanks

While some ways may be better to buy there is no bad way to buy VWINX, go with what makes you feel best. Cost average over any period of time that suits you. Buying on bad market days is pretty much a winner but still may not make much difference over longer periods of time.

If you are talking a large amount, I'd suggest waiting a couple of months until after they've made their CG distribution for the year. Happens in December, and the per-share NAV drops accordingly. Plus, if this is in a taxable account you don't want to be stuck with those distributions and the potential tax situation if you've only held the fund for 50-60 days.

IMO, go the auto dep route. Decide on a time you want the move done and set up the auto dep. Set the auto up one time then you don't have to worry if the time is right or not.

Seems a little like you are deciding if you want DCA or market time :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom