TT and Vanguard

Thanks for the note about Fidelity.

Worked for me for a free download this morning, and as an instant savings. ER.org comes through again!

TT Deluxe price at $39.99 today at Amazon.

Might have to pull the trigger and buy just to get the purchase out of the way. :)

I may be mistaken, but I thought most here would need TT Premier to meet their tax needs.

Last edited:
I went ahead and pulled the trigger. If I wait a few months, the price might drop even more, but might go back up too. I bought to get this done. I'll do some monitoring for next year's market timing :).

After folks (properly so) last year cried bloody murder about the schedule D form missing in TT Deluxe, Intuit cried uncle and put the form back in for 2015 Deluxe. For me, Deluxe should work as the schedule D is what I really need that forced me to use Premier last year.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2...-2015-software-include-schedules-d-e-f-or-k-1
Appears you're right for desktop version, but not Deluxe online version for 2015. However, I suspect most here use desktop versions. https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/online/

Last edited:
...the odds of identity theft and having someone file a fraudulent tax return increases significantly. The sooner you file the better.

The ship already sailed for me on not having my tax identity stolen since that already happened in 2015. :(

I'm still waiting for the PIN for filing from the IRS which they are supposed to get to me by late December.

Thanks for the tip. Got it.

Now if Vanguard reneges on their plan to not give it away, then I'll be irked! I don't think Vanguard should be in any sort of relationship with Intuit. I got the mail from Intuit too, and I thought it was low class. Reminds me of these shady "action committees" you see on television ads that tell you to "call your congress person."

I still get Premier because it makes it easy to deal with employee options and ESPP. I could do it by hand, but it is just too easy to let TT do it. By the way, the ESPP/NQSO wizards used to be in Deluxe, but years ago they moved it. I guess that worked so well for Intuit they tried the same strategy last year on Sched D. And then a riot occurred.

One of the differences between Deluxe and Premier is "Additional Help for investment sales such as stocks, bonds, royalties, mutual funds and employee stock plans."

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/desktop

What is this Additional Help, more questions in the wizard so that it fills out the forms correctly?

I've been paying $10 as a Vanguard customer for the Premier so I wonder if I should stick with it, even thought I don't have any investment sales this year.

...the odds of identity theft and having someone file a fraudulent tax return increases significantly. The sooner you file the better.
Except that last year there were retroactive tax law changes as late as March of 2015!

We really can't file until late March anyway.

I switched to H&R Block last year and it imported all of my former TT data just fine. I won't be going back to TT after what they tried to pull.

Hmm, very tempting to try switching to Tax Cut:

It's just about half the price of TT Deluxe:

Amazon.com: H&R Block 2015 Deluxe + State Tax Software + Refund Bonus Offer - Windows Download: Software

But we're talking $20-30 and if there's any kind of glitch in importing my TT return and filling the correct forms overall ...

Anyone know why the PC download is currently not available ?
Was able to download about a week ago @ $29.99

I also switched this year to H&R Block from TT.

Back
Top Bottom