Turbo Tax Confusion

golfnut

Full time employment: Posting here.
Lat year, I bought TT Premier online directly from Turbotax (fed return only).

Now I see Amazon has the following

TurboTax Deluxe 2016 Tax Software Federal & State + Fed Efile PC/MAC Disc [Amazon Exclusive]

Above costs $39.86

I understand this version includes Schedule D wherein the Deluxe online version does not. Pretty confusing if you ask me.

If I purchase the above product from Amazon, will it import my 2015 online premier tax info?

Thanks

Lat year, I bought TT Premier online directly from Turbotax (fed return only).

Now I see Amazon has the following

TurboTax Deluxe 2016 Tax Software Federal & State + Fed Efile PC/MAC Disc [Amazon Exclusive]

Above costs $39.86

I understand this version includes Schedule D wherein the Deluxe online version does not. Pretty confusing if you ask me.

If I purchase the above product from Amazon, will it import my 2015 online premier tax info?

Thanks
Just saw an add on this site TT premier is only 54 at amazon.

Thanks

I would think all the TT products would use the same file format so importing shouldn't be an issue. But I admit I've only imported from the previous year's Deluxe versions. This year's imported fine.

It looks like yes, but not easily. From the help screens (here) it seems your TT '16 will take data from a PDF copy of your '15 return. Not sure how well that works.

Here (link) it says to start your return with TT online, transfer from last year, save a copy to your desktop, then close the online return and start the desktop return, using the data file for input.

It looks like yes, but not easily. From the help screens (here) it seems your TT '16 will take data from a PDF copy of your '15 return. Not sure how well that works.

Here (link) it says to start your return with TT online, transfer from last year, save a copy to your desktop, then close the online return and start the desktop return, using the data file for input.

Thanks - very helpful

Back
Top Bottom