Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-11-2015, 07:09 PM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

Deluxe $24.99 and Premier $34.99 here all day everyday

KingDeals4u

And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.- Desiderata by Max Ehrmann
MissMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2015, 09:43 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

I bought the other day, but if I look today at the link in the first post, the price for Home and Business is 99.99. I hit the refresh button several times and it showed up once as 84.99 and then 99.99. Funny site.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I downloaded Premier for free from Vanguard...no issues doing so.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 01-11-2015, 09:53 PM   #44
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMolly View Post
Deluxe $24.99 and Premier $34.99 here all day everyday

KingDeals4u
Oh cool, cheaper than Costco.

On the website it also said the following.
Quote:
Some important changes for 2014 TurboTax: The 2014 TurboTax Deluxe will no longer be able to prepare Schedules C, D, E, or F. It will prepare a simple Schedule C-EZ for some people who qualify for that simpler form. The TurboTax Premier will no longer be able to prepare a full Schedule C or F, you would need to get the TurboTax Home Business. The Mac OS requirement for the Deluxe and Premier is 10.7.5 and above, Please purchase wisely, Thank you.
What circumstance would you need to file a Schedule C?. Rentals are covered under Schedule E, which I guess premier supports now.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:56 PM   #45

If you already purchased Deluxe before realizing the functionality had changed, Intuit will upgrade you to Premier for free if you call them and request it.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 01-11-2015, 10:00 PM   #46
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post

What circumstance would you need to file a Schedule C?. Rentals are covered under Schedule E, which I guess premier supports now.
Schedule C for self-employed folks.
And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.- Desiderata by Max Ehrmann
MissMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:19 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready View Post
If you already purchased Deluxe before realizing the functionality had changed, Intuit will upgrade you to Premier for free if you call them and request it.
I called them this morning, after waiting an hour for a rep, he said "Sorry, you'll still need to buy the upgrade to Premier". I was able to get Deluxe download last month and will have Fidelity reimburse me the $30 upgrade instead. After 2 weeks, they still can't figure out why I'm not getting Premier for free (still shows as $55) as a Private Client customer.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:58 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsumkid View Post
I called them this morning, after waiting an hour for a rep, he said "Sorry, you'll still need to buy the upgrade to Premier". I was able to get Deluxe download last month and will have Fidelity reimburse me the $30 upgrade instead. After 2 weeks, they still can't figure out why I'm not getting Premier for free (still shows as $55) as a Private Client customer.
Try an email to this address TurboTax_Advocate@intuit.com asking for a free upgrade, suggesting you purchased the Deluxe version expecting the same functionality as last year.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:10 PM   #49
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post

Quote:
Some important changes for 2014 TurboTax: The 2014 TurboTax Deluxe will no longer be able to prepare Schedules C, D, E, or F. It will prepare a simple Schedule C-EZ for some people who qualify for that simpler form. The TurboTax Premier will no longer be able to prepare a full Schedule C or F, you would need to get the TurboTax Home Business. The Mac OS requirement for the Deluxe and Premier is 10.7.5 and above, Please purchase wisely, Thank you.
That's another advantage of the H&R Block product: Schedule C (for self-employed folks) is included in their Premier version. Retail, It's about $50 less than the TT Home and Business that Intuit is trying to drive customers to buy. Plus, no "here now--gone tomorrow" prices, or seeing different prices depending on how you enter their web page, etc. I just think Intuit, or at least their marketing folks, are not very upfront with their prospective customers. And I don't think their practices will change, as we've seen this movie before.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:04 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Try an email to this address TurboTax_Advocate@intuit.com asking for a free upgrade, suggesting you purchased the Deluxe version expecting the same functionality as last year.
Success! I gave your suggestion a shot, figured it couldn't hurt to send the email. After waiting all day with no response, I got a reply overnight to call the same number as before. Just calling them to complain about it wasn't enough, they needed an email complaint first?!?! They did verify that I received the email offer and that I actually downloaded Deluxe before sending me the upgrade. Thanks for the tip.

Now I need to figure out what to move around in my Fidelity account to re qualify for Premier since they have new requirements this year and it seems they used my account as a baseline to disqualify me. Apparently, being self employed is no longer considered a "workplace" to Fidelity.