TurboTax deal back again

Note that the state return is an additional cost in this offer.

I paid $9 through Vanguard in December and got an email from Intuit this week telling me I will get a refund.

I paid $9 through Vanguard in December and got an email from Intuit this week telling me I will get a refund.
I looked at the Vanguard Flagship offer and laughed when I had to pay to get the Schedule D. If I can get it for free, I might use the software.

I just went the the Vanguard site and "this year only" the Premier desk top download version is free for Flagship. It's $9.99 if done on line. This includes the state version if needed. There must have been a lot of crap thrown at Vanguard over this.

Last edited:
Thanks. Also just bought it!

Update: Also, confirming that I was able to download the 'free state' return.

Last edited:
Fidelity offered me $20 off the list price. Not a great deal. The link above allowed me to purchase Home and Business version for $40(+tax). That is $59.99 off list, even though I'm not a Vanguard customer. Great deal IMO. Thanks!

If I download TurboTax, can I save the file & install it on another computer?

just looked at offer on vanguard , if you do it online do you pay now? I started return and it did not prompt me to pay.

I'm hiring a pro this year - too much crap went on in 2014....

Hmmmmm......I see the discounted price on the first (marketing) page of Intuit...but when I click to order, it ony gives me a higher price. And I don't see any place where I can indicate the special/reduced price. :nonono:

omni

Hmmmmm......I see the discounted price on the first (marketing) page of Intuit...but when I click to order, it ony gives me a higher price. And I don't see any place where I can indicate the special/reduced price. :nonono:

omni

Same thing here, I just figured the sale was over.

If the sale IS over, it would be nice to have Intuit's marketing page match their order page on pricing. :confused:

omni
Well it's over now for sure, maybe it gave you the cheaper price once you gave your credit card info, I don't know never went that far.

For those not "married" to TurboTax, TaxAct federal is FREE. The main difference between the free and paid is importing previous year data.

Just got off the phone with VG to have them upgrade us to Flagship. Why this is not automatic is a mystery to me. The rep said request is in. Free TT, here I come (for this year, at least.)

I looked at the Vanguard Flagship offer and laughed when I had to pay to get the Schedule D. If I can get it for free, I might use the software.

I just went the the Vanguard site and "this year only" the Premier desk top download version is free for Flagship. It's $9.99 if done on line. This includes the state version if needed. There must have been a lot of crap thrown at Vanguard over this.

Where do you see the free offer?

I logged in yesterday and it was showing $10.

Where do you see the free offer?

I logged in yesterday and it was showing $10.

On the "Get your taxes done right with TurboTax" page on the VG site. Follow the TT logo link on the right of your overview page when you log in and then look at the bottom of the page. :)

Back
Top Bottom