TurboTax Deluxe (mac/pc disc version) w/State on Sale at Amazon

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
About that time of year again.

Got my camalcamalcamal alert that TT Deluxe w /state dropped down to $39.99 as usual around this time of year.

I went ahead and snatched up my copy for $39.99 + $4 tax :cool:.

I was able to get mine earlier this year when they ran a sale plus they gave you a gift card. Net cost, $39.99. I think that’s about as late w as you can get without stumbling on a really good deal or jumping through hoops. I’d buy now had I not already. If I were going to Costco, I’d check them first, but I like having it before the year ends.

Thanks for the heads-up. I ordered the disc version, even though I wanted the download version.

I wish companies would discount both versions, but based on past experience, downloaded versions of software are rarely discounted.

Thank you!!!

I ordered mine about 30 seconds ago, right after seeing your post. :)

:dance: :clap:

Thank you!!!

I ordered mine about 30 seconds ago, right after seeing your post. :)

:dance: :clap:

You're welcome!

Like clockwork, Amazon slashes the price down this time of year :).

Thanks for the tip. What I don't understand is why the disc version is $10 more than the download version. Makes no sense. But since I don't have a disc reader on my current laptop, it's cheaper to pay the extra $10 (actually $9 since Amazon gave me a $1 "no-rush" discount) than to buy a disc reader.

Thanks for the tip. What I don't understand is why the disc version is $10 [-]more[/-] less than the download version. Makes no sense. But since I don't have a disc reader on my current laptop, it's cheaper to pay the extra $10 (actually $9 since Amazon gave me a $1 "no-rush" discount) than to buy a disc reader.
FIFY. You mean, the download version (still $49.99) which did not drop in price today, is now $10 more than the disk version (which dropped to $39.99 as of today).

I much prefer the disk version even though my new computer doesn't have a CD drive. So I was glad to see the new, lower price for the disk version. Using a CD is not really a tremendous problem these days I guess. Frank has several USB CD drives kicking around his house, so when I asked to borrow one, he gave one to me instead.

With the new tax laws I don't regret paying $10 extra to buy early so I could do some early estimates, but I'll file this away to wait for the better deal next year.

The in store Costco discount on TT runs 1/2-1/27/2019. IIRC Deluxe will be $39.99 and Premier will be $54.99 - same as Amazon today.

At least for Amazon, if the pattern holds true, price won't go any lower than the $39.99 before tax day for TT Deluxe w/state on CD. I still have a price track at $29.99 but in the past, the $29.99 price hasn't been triggered.

I bought and downloaded my copy of TT Premier a few weeks ago so I could run my numbers and make any last minute adjustments I may want to make before year end. I ran my taxes but since there are several forms and tables that aren't ready yet, it really didn't do me much good. I have received a couple of online updates in the past week but it's still not enough to tell me what I want to know.

About that time of year again.

Got my camalcamalcamal alert that TT Deluxe w /state dropped down to $39.99 as usual around this time of year.

I went ahead and snatched up my copy for $39.99 + $4 tax :cool:.

Thanks for the heads-up, I just ordered it, and a balaclava for DW's grandnephew.

Thanks for the heads-up, I just ordered it, and a balaclava for DW's grandnephew.

You're welcome!

Had to look up what is a balaclava :).

I bought and downloaded my copy of TT Premier a few weeks ago so I could run my numbers and make any last minute adjustments I may want to make before year end. I ran my taxes but since there are several forms and tables that aren't ready yet, it really didn't do me much good. I have received a couple of online updates in the past week but it's still not enough to tell me what I want to know.

I ran into the same thing. Picked up TT Deluxe at BestBuy a couple weeks ago for $49 because I wanted to run a proforma to help dial-in my EOY Roth conversion. Found that a couple of schedules weren't available yet and my state wouldn't download because the state didn't have their end figured out.

So I ended up using the old-timey paper form method. ;) Could have waited and picked up TT after the prices began to drop. Oh well, one of the nice things about FI is that when I flub up and pay a bit too much, I'm able to remind myself that something which-at one time-would have really torqued me off, can now be thought of as just a minor irritation.

The download version is $39.99 today with a $10 Amazon gift card, so it looks like a net $29.99. You just can't use the gift card for the TT purchase.

The download version is $39.99 today with a $10 Amazon gift card, so it looks like a net $29.99. You just can't use the gift card for the TT purchase.

+1

Just bought and downloaded mine. :flowers:

omni

Last edited:

+1 just got mine. I looked on the turbotax website and the prices were all higher than amazon, and no gift card

Thanks!

Now I need to return the disc version I bought a couple of days ago. It would have been nice if they discounted both versions at the same time, but now I know that next year I should wait a bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom